3D Blu-Ray Main Movie Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berlintegel View Post
    @ CBR929 I made an ironic remark, please do not censor any of my posts again, thanks.
    berlintegel
    berlintegel
    DO NOT tell me how to moderate this forum, I will edit your posts or any other members post that I deem inappropriate, this will be your only warning on this matter. You need to read the forum rules again http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=5 There is no need for you to reply to this post as our dissension on this matter is final but, if you feel the need to argue this matter more pack your bags because you will be taking a vacation from this forum.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 05-26-2016, 01:21 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think you'll need a 3d drive as well to read it in 3d. Other wise it will just be 2d.

Comment

Originally posted by dbagger View Post
        I think you'll need a 3d drive as well to read it in 3d. Other wise it will just be 2d.
        Sorry, but there is no such thing as a 3D drive.

Comment

So you're saying that you don't need 3d optics to read a 3d disk. Pretty sure I couldn't back up any of my 3d movies with my regular blu ray drive. I had to get a drive capable of reading 3d otherwise they just came out in 2d.

Comment

A 1X BD-R writer can write 3-D Blu-ray home made video's but in order to playback the video you need at least a 2X BD-ROM drive.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              berlintegel
              DO NOT tell me how to moderate this forum, I will edit your posts or any other members post that I deem inappropriate, this will be your only warning on this matter. You need to read the forum rules again http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=5 There is no need for you to reply to this post as our dissension on this matter is final but, if you feel the need to argue this matter more pack your bags because you will be taking a vacation from this forum.
              I made an ironic remark. Well, block the account if you don't like my forum rhetoric. I always hated dictatorship moderation anyway.

Comment

My original bd writer was 8x and it wouldn't produce 3d copies

Comment

So you're saying that you don't need 3d optics to read a 3d disk.
                  No such thing as 3D optics.

Comment

Originally posted by berlintegel View Post
                    I made an ironic remark. Well, block the account if you don't like my forum rhetoric. I always hated dictatorship moderation anyway.
                    That's fine have a week off...
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

My original bd writer was 8x and it wouldn't produce 3d copies
                      You have to understand how 3D Blu-ray discs are created, which is beyond the scope of this thread. But, I will say that to make a copy of a 3D disc, at a minimum, you have to do a bit-for-bit ISO copy, minus the encryption (i.e., DVDPassKey for example). DVDFab has the ability to do 50->25GB resized clones as well.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I use dvdfab Blu-ray copy and do main movie on an external drive. Without the 3d drive I had to buy I couldn't produce a 3d copy. It would only do 2d

Comment

Without the 3d drive I had to buy I couldn't produce a 3d copy. It would only do 2d
                          As I said, there is no such thing as a 3D drive. If the manufacturer claims it is a 3D drive, it is marketing hype. I have two different manufactures with the Blu-ray ROM drives that I have in my computers and I copy 3D released discs without any issues. Google how 3D Blu-ray technology works and you'll see that the 3D manufactured discs are no different than 2D discs. It is the formatting of the data that is on the media that determines if it is 3D or 2D. And technically, all 3D discs are 2D discs, but some production companies program their 3D discs so that they will not play on 2D players, or 3D players without a 3D display device. That is mostly because a 3D disc has a little more data on it because of the 3D and they do not put the special features on the 3D discs, they put them on the 2D discs that come in the 3D/2D package.

Also google on how CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and BD-ROM drives work. Specifically the laser optics. All of the drives use a laser to "read" the data. A BD-ROM drive has two lasers; a red one for CDs and DVDs and a blue one for BDs. There is no such thing as a 2D or 3D laser.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X