Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I ripped just the movie I was able to access the movie file using DVDFab and begin compression of the file, however the compression aborted 36 minutes into the movie the same as it did when compressing the movie directly from the disk. When I play the movie on the harddrive using Movie Player Classic, it plays the movie through this section where it aborted, so it does not appear to be an error in the rip. There is no log of this compression but the log of the aborted compression from the disk reported error 102, whatever that is. Based on my experience with "A Knight's Tale" and other bluray disks, DVDFab Bluray to Bluray appears to have some issues that need to be resolved. I purchased DVDFab primarily because of the GPU acceleration, but it was not activated for some reason when I attempted to compress this movie either from the bluray disk or the harddrive.

tld
    Last edited by tld; 01-26-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

102 DVD_Error_ReadFile There is a list of errors in the knowledge base forum I don't know how to solve this error but I do know that you can enable GPU acceleration in common settings. I would suggest starting a new thred and include the log files. If this happened during the ripping stage I would say you had a dirty/bad disc but this was during compression so Fab is not geting the info it needs.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Errors when compressing bluray file

I have ripped the bluray movie "A Knight's Tale" to my harddrive and have tried several times to compress it to BD9 size. It always aborts at some point during the compression process with the error:

21:19:59: Copy process started
        21:52:38: Copy 00011.m2ts failed
        21:52:38: Task_1 failed! Error=102

I am using version 6220 on a Win 7 machine. I am saving the compressed file back on to my harddrive. I successfully compressed several movies to BD9 while I was using the demo version of Bluray to Bluray, but since I purchased it, I have had nothing but problems. While I have used DVDFab Decrypter successfully since version 3072, using Bluray to Bluray is another matter. I purchased it primarily because of the GPU acceleration capability, but even this does not work reliably.

tld

Comment

Please don't start multiple threads about the same problem, it's considered cross posting. Threads merged.

Comment

W&B,
            Sorry about that I suggested that tld start a new thread since this 102 error popped up after resolving their first issue. I thought that it may get lost in the shuffle.

tld,
            Where did you save the file? If you use the DVDFab temp file it will not work since it is reading and writing to the same file.
            Also when the file is ripping from the original disk do you let it run on it's own or do you still use your PC for other tasks? Is there any other DVD/BD software that may be running in the background?

Comment

Johan, I left for the evening and didn't get your response until this morning. The movie file is on one drive and I am saving the compressed file on another drive. I have also tried it the other way, where it automatically saves a temp file in prep for burning the disk. One possible factor may be the screen saver. I have deactivated it and will try the compression again. In the years that I have used DVDFab this, to my knowledge, has never been an issue, but it may somehow be a factor with the Bluray compression.

tld

Comment

Bluray compression is very system intensive your cpu is running full out, I think any minor disruption could cause Fab to Error

Comment

I was able to fully compress "A Knight's Tale" after disabling the screen saver. Apparently GPU acceleration is being activated even though this is no longer stated in the set-up screen as it was in an earlier version of DVDFab. When the screen saver is activated, the GPU must shut down, thus aborting the compression process. Does this make sense?

tld

Comment

It certainly does. So I assume the issue is resolved? Hope things keep ticking along for ya.

Comment

You should still have the option in settings to turn it off or on.

Comment

Pretty much. The burn file size was over 9G, too large for my DVD DL, so I am redoing the compression to 8G, along with removing two unwanted audio streams, which should hopefully give me a burn size that will fit.

Thanks.

tld

Comment

Check your setting under write in common settings for DVD9 it shoul be around 8100

Comment

Working...
                          X