This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me. NEW

o.k. burned a copy of First Blood, the first one and this is a purchased blu ray I own. used the option "main movie" only and worked fine.

now tried to burn Transformers 2 full movie and main movie and one of them will not play at all and the other one has over an hour that works than that's all that plays. When burning it said that it failed to burn or complete the task.

LG WH08LS20K is my burner. using Verbatim BD-R discs.

help me out please.

thanks

cameltoe please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16 also I would consider using ImgBurn as your burn engine if you do not already use it this will show you how to set it up.http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

o.k. I'll check it but it just bugs me that I have DVDFab6 and I have to use another software, why did I buy this then for blu rays?

also, i already burned a copy of a blu ray with no problems but can't on this other blu ray.

I'll try to figure it out I guess.

thanks

Comment

just making a copy of blu ray disc to blank blu ray

o.k. followed instructions so far as setting up DVDfab with IMGburn. All I'm trying to do is make a copy of a blu ray disc on a blank disc. I'm using these discs now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-069-_-Product

i burned one copy of First Blood successfully before doing the IMGburn thing and only using DVDfab. just did the "main movie" option.

tried to do the whole movie of Transformers 2 and put in my blank disc, set the write speed to slowest and said my disc did not have enough free space to do the whole thing.

Do i need BD-R 50GB discs for movies on blu ray????

thanks

Comment

you have 2 threads and a post in another thread going about the same thing. Starting multiple threads and crossposting is against forum rules. I am merging this thread with your last thread you started and I suggest you not start another about the same issues but to keep all questions in one thread ONLY

Comment

ok thanks and sorry. just trying to get help on this and better understand it so i don't waste more money on coasters.

take me under your wing fella's. just trying to make a copy of a blu ray to a blank disc.

done a ton of DVD's in the past but this blu ray stuff is giving me fits for sure.

Comment

thanks again fella's..

Comment

o.k. how do i find out how large a blu ray disc is (GB). an original one like ones that I bought?

thanks

Comment

cameltoe stick the disc in your drive go to my computer right click on your drive and click properties and it will tel you how much information is on the disc.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

o.k. so are typical blu ray discs more than 25GB even when i opt for the "main movie" option only?

trying to learn as much as possible to copy them on my blank discs, that's all.

thanks.

so far I've followed instructions and right NOW i have a BD-RE disc (never used). it asked me to format the disc so i obliged, and it went through erasing the disc and now it's "zeroing sectors" so just waiting to see what's next.

i assume if the blank disc ( BD-R, 25GB ), is too small it will just spit it out and not let me to write(burn) on that disc and make it useless?

thanks

Comment

also, any way to find out how much GB are on disc if just looking to burn main movie?

thanks

Comment

just did some research on blu rays i have and about half of them are around 42GB SO i have to buy 50GB discs then or can i fit 42GB onto a 25GB disc without killing the quality of the blu ray disc?

also:

what literally is dual layer vs single layer. i know dumb question but looking for technical explanation.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                          also, any way to find out how much GB are on disc if just looking to burn main movie?

thanks
                          you can insert a blank BD-R into Imgburn, and it will show you exact amount of space available. (usually close to ~ 23.5 GB)

just did some research on blu rays i have and about half of them are around 42GB SO i have to buy 50GB discs then or can i fit 42GB onto a 25GB disc without killing the quality of the blu ray disc?
                          I personally don't think you would notice any difference in quality if you compress to BD25, but make sure you remove HD audio, as this will save a few GB's of space. But if you're a perfectionist, then BD50 might be the way to go.

what literally is dual layer vs single layer

Dual-layer recording

Dual-layer recording (sometimes also known as double-layer recording) allows DVD-R and DVD+R discs to store significantly more data—up to 8.54 gigabytes per disc, compared with 4.7 gigabytes for single-layer discs. Along with this, DVD-DL's have slower write speeds as compared to ordinary DVD's and when played on a DVD player, a slight transition can be seen between the layers. DVD-R DL was developed for the DVD Forum by Pioneer Corporation; DVD+R DL was developed for the DVD+RW Alliance by Philips and Mitsubishi Kagaku Media (MKM).[24]

A dual-layer disc differs from its usual DVD counterpart by employing a second physical layer within the disc itself. The drive with dual-layer capability accesses the second layer by shining the laser through the first semitransparent layer. In some DVD players, the layer change can exhibit a noticeable pause, up to several seconds.[25] This caused some viewers to worry that their dual-layer discs were damaged or defective, with the end result that studios began listing a standard message explaining the dual-layer pausing effect on all dual-layer disc packaging.

DVD recordable discs supporting this technology are backward-compatible with some existing DVD players and DVD-ROM drives.[24] Many current DVD recorders support dual-layer technology, and the price is now comparable to that of single-layer drives, although the blank media remain more expensive. The recording speeds reached by dual-layer media are still well below those of single-layer media.
                          Last edited by crackinhedz; 02-22-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

ok so put a blank Verbatim BD-R disc into drive, open IMGBurn and select main movie and it should show me how much space it would take up?

Comment

Imgburn will calculate how much space is used on the disc (basically to tell you if the file youre trying to burn is too big etc), as well as give you the specific info.

Comment

Working...
                              X