Wonderstruck Blu Ray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderstruck Blu Ray

Hi again...The other title I've been having a problem backing up is a film called "Wonderstruck."
    Its a MOD (manufactured/burn on demand) title sold by Amazon, so its not a traditionally pressed disk.
    Hopefully that shouldn't matter.
    Whats been happening is when the title is being read by DVDFab it opens up a dialog box that says it encountered a reading error.
    Its a brand new unscratched disk, and it plays well on my Panasonic Blu Ray player so im sure its not defective.
    Anyways, I have included the log on this disk and hopefully a fix can be found so it can be backed up successfully.
    Thanks and ill be awaiting your response.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MovieCollctr; 10-13-2018, 08:33 AM.

In my experience, a reading error is not always a physical issue with the disc. If DVDFab doesn't support decryption used on the disc, it will give you a reading error rather than telling you decryption method is not supported. It would be nice if DVDFab could determine this and let user know, rather than just simply giving you a generic reading error message, which COULD be caused by a physical defect on the disc as well. This is probably (likely) the issue since it is not a commercially manufactured title and may have a different disc ID than the commercial version and perhaps DVDFab cannot identify it properly.

I noticed the line in your log:

2018.10.13-01:40:36: failed to get volume id: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00

and the several fail entries after that.

Not sure what that specifically means but I interpreted that as that DVDFab was unable to generate a decryption key.

Last edited by LaciBacsi; 10-13-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi LaciBacsi and thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I'm really hoping it wont take too long for the developers to figure out a way to make a backup tho.

I hope I hear back from them soon. It would be good to know what a lot of those fail entries actually mean.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieCollctr View Post
        Hi again...The other title I've been having a problem backing up is a film called "Wonderstruck."
        Its a MOD (manufactured/burn on demand) title sold by Amazon, so its not a traditionally pressed disk.
        Hopefully that shouldn't matter.
        Whats been happening is when the title is being read by DVDFab it opens up a dialog box that says it encountered a reading error.
        Its a brand new unscratched disk, and it plays well on my Panasonic Blu Ray player so im sure its not defective.
        Anyways, I have included the log on this disk and hopefully a fix can be found so it can be backed up successfully.
        Thanks and ill be awaiting your response.
        2018.10.13-01:40:36: failed to get volume id: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00
        2018.10.13-01:40:37: blu-ray AB90AF9DAAC1870BC6CB72C75FD8D1426A898B69
        2018.10.13-01:40:37: ff error: 5
        2018.10.13-01:40:38: failed to open 308
        Hi,

We need some file of the original disc. Copy all the files out from the original disc except *.M2TS files that are under \...BDMV\Stream and then zip them, and send them to us.

I've PMed you the FTP site info. Please check. Thank you.

Regards,
        Mona
        DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
        For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
        For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

Guide for adding attachments in a post
        --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

Comment

UPDATE: Fixed in v11.0.0.3, please update to try again.
          DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
          For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
          For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

Guide for adding attachments in a post
          --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

Comment

Hi Mona
            I want to thank you very much for the update and for the help with being able to do a backup on the "Wonderstruck" movie.
            It was successful now.

Thank the developers for me as well and have a great weekend and week ahead.

Comment

Working...
            X