Wonderstruck Blu Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderstruck Blu Ray

Hi again...The other title I've been having a problem backing up is a film called "Wonderstruck."
    Its a MOD (manufactured/burn on demand) title sold by Amazon, so its not a traditionally pressed disk.
    Hopefully that shouldn't matter.
    Whats been happening is when the title is being read by DVDFab it opens up a dialog box that says it encountered a reading error.
    Its a brand new unscratched disk, and it plays well on my Panasonic Blu Ray player so im sure its not defective.
    Anyways, I have included the log on this disk and hopefully a fix can be found so it can be backed up successfully.
    Thanks and ill be awaiting your response.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MovieCollctr; 10-13-2018, 08:33 AM.

In my experience, a reading error is not always a physical issue with the disc. If DVDFab doesn't support decryption used on the disc, it will give you a reading error rather than telling you decryption method is not supported. It would be nice if DVDFab could determine this and let user know, rather than just simply giving you a generic reading error message, which COULD be caused by a physical defect on the disc as well. This is probably (likely) the issue since it is not a commercially manufactured title and may have a different disc ID than the commercial version and perhaps DVDFab cannot identify it properly.

I noticed the line in your log:

2018.10.13-01:40:36: failed to get volume id: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00

and the several fail entries after that.

Not sure what that specifically means but I interpreted that as that DVDFab was unable to generate a decryption key.

Last edited by LaciBacsi; 10-13-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi LaciBacsi and thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I'm really hoping it wont take too long for the developers to figure out a way to make a backup tho.

I hope I hear back from them soon. It would be good to know what a lot of those fail entries actually mean.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieCollctr View Post
        Hi again...The other title I've been having a problem backing up is a film called "Wonderstruck."
        Its a MOD (manufactured/burn on demand) title sold by Amazon, so its not a traditionally pressed disk.
        Hopefully that shouldn't matter.
        Whats been happening is when the title is being read by DVDFab it opens up a dialog box that says it encountered a reading error.
        Its a brand new unscratched disk, and it plays well on my Panasonic Blu Ray player so im sure its not defective.
        Anyways, I have included the log on this disk and hopefully a fix can be found so it can be backed up successfully.
        Thanks and ill be awaiting your response.
        2018.10.13-01:40:36: failed to get volume id: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00
        2018.10.13-01:40:37: blu-ray AB90AF9DAAC1870BC6CB72C75FD8D1426A898B69
        2018.10.13-01:40:37: ff error: 5
        2018.10.13-01:40:38: failed to open 308
        Hi,

We need some file of the original disc. Copy all the files out from the original disc except *.M2TS files that are under \...BDMV\Stream and then zip them, and send them to us.

I've PMed you the FTP site info. Please check. Thank you.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

UPDATE: Fixed in v11.0.0.3, please update to try again.

Comment

Hi Mona
            I want to thank you very much for the update and for the help with being able to do a backup on the "Wonderstruck" movie.
            It was successful now.

Thank the developers for me as well and have a great weekend and week ahead.

Comment

Working...
            X