(Windows 10) Cannot set Dolby Vision to be one layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Windows 10) Cannot set Dolby Vision to be one layer

I converted READY_PLAYER_ONE to a single layer file which plays back nicely on AppleTV 4k in the application Infuse triggering the Dolby Vision on my TV.
    This was version 11.0.4.3 on a trial version using an iMacPro running Windows 10 with BOOTCAMP.

If I look at the log I can see:

2019.08.18-16:00:37: Dolby Vision profile info: DOLBYVISON_ENABLE=1 CHAPTER_INFO_ENABLE=0 WEB_OPTIMIZE_ENABLE=1 SINGLE/TWO=1

I then bought a platform licence since you guys haven't fixed the Mac version yet and upgraded to 11.0.4.4 and tried with Black Panther:

2019.08.24-14:26:38: Dolby Vision profile info: DOLBYVISON_ENABLE=1 CHAPTER_INFO_ENABLE=0 WEB_OPTIMIZE_ENABLE=1 SINGLE/TWO=0

I've been ripping other discs thinking it was working and only just checked them on my TV. All I get is HDR.

So I have tried setting Single Layer as a default but no matter what I do it always creates a 2 layer Dolby Vision file. I've tried changing it on the fly. Nothing sticks.

I'll have to downgrade to 11.0.4.3 which means I cannot rip Alita yet.

Regards

Paul

Attached Files

2019.08.18-16:00:37: Dolby Vision profile info: DOLBYVISON_ENABLE=1 CHAPTER_INFO_ENABLE=0 WEB_OPTIMIZE_ENABLE=1 SINGLE/TWO=1
    Log files like this is for developers to check flag.

Set it to "Single Stream", you will get what you need. Click image for larger version  Name:	setting.png Views:	1 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	371690

You can use the tool Mediainfo to analyze the output file to check out its media info.

Comment

Hi Mona,

That's what I have tried... it does not work for me anymore. It just creates a 2 stream video even when I set it to Single Stream.
      If I set it to single stream, click OK, then click the advanced settings it is back to Double Stream. If I try to save the Single Stream as a default it still shows as a double Stream.
      This worked in the trial version of 11.0.4.3 but not since I added the Windows platform license upgrade and update the application to 11.0.4.4.
      I reinstalled 11.0.4.3 and ran a couple of discs with the same issue. I revoked the authorisations to get back to trial status but the trial has expired so I could not test that.
      I ran Ready Player One again with 11.0.4.3 and it still will only give me 2 video streams.

Is there anyway to bypass the GUI and just invoke the tool from the comandline?

Will an expired 11.0.4.3 licence interfere with a 11.0.4.4 version?

I'll unauthorise again and try a new trial version as I upgraded in situ and didn't try the full download.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Fixed it!

If 'Copy Audio' is checked then selecting changing from Double Stream to Single has no effect... going back into Advanced Settings always has Double Stream selected. This is with 11.0.4.5 too.

So, uncheck 'Copy Audio', change to Single Stream, then click OK. If you go in to Advanced Settings it stays at Single Stream.
        If you then click 'Copy Audio' again it remembers the Single Stream settings.

Yay! I have Aquaman ripping now. I will know in an hour or so if it has the single stream.

Ready Player One originally worked as I was comparing the AAC version with the 'Copy Audio' version so I had been changing that setting.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DrPaul View Post

If 'Copy Audio' is checked then selecting changing from Double Stream to Single has no effect... going back into Advanced Settings always has Double Stream selected. This is with 11.0.4.5 too.
          Paul
          Hi Paul, thank you for the update, we will check as soon as possible.

Comment

UPDATE: The issue has been fixed, please wait for the coming version and then update to have a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X