Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After compressing to 25gb bluray and I get stuttering when playing on bluray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What media are you using? Have you previously been able to burn a movie with compression using the same burner/media combination? Does it stutter when you play the movie from your hard drive to your PC, or only the burned disc? If it plays ok from the HDD but not from disc, it could be a compatibility issue with your burner/media combination. If you are not already using it, you might want to try with a good grade BD-R media such as Verbatim. Also check media recommendation for your specific burner. One final thought, if you are burning the disc from within DVDFab, try using IMGBurn and burn at the slowest supported speed (IMGBurn will show all the supported speeds for your specific burner/media combination based on the drives firmware table).

Comment

I just tried to disable Lighting and copy from a 50gb to 25gb, but my free trial ran out. Bummer! Anything else that can be done ot figure this out?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
        What media are you using? Have you previously been able to burn a movie with compression using the same burner/media combination? Does it stutter when you play the movie from your hard drive to your PC, or only the burned disc? If it plays ok from the HDD but not from disc, it could be a compatibility issue with your burner/media combination. If you are not already using it, you might want to try with a good grade BD-R media such as Verbatim. Also check media recommendation for your specific burner. One final thought, if you are burning the disc from within DVDFab, try using IMGBurn and burn at the slowest supported speed (IMGBurn will show all the supported speeds for your specific burner/media combination based on the drives firmware table).
        I'm using Verbatim disc, I know they are of really good quality. It only skips when play back on a standalone player. Playoff my pc works fine from what I see. I'll try imgburn, if I can get another tril to use. Mine has run out.

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Have you tried on other stand alone players? My two sony players stutter with dual layer BD-R 50 GB discs (Verbatim) after the layer change, but they seem to play ok on other brand players, so it may be a player issue.

Comment

I tried on a sony and samsung. They are about 5 -5 yrs old.

Comment

4 -5 yrs old

Comment

go to common settings select ac codec disable all gpu codec for decoding and encoding. set all encoding and decoding to software. disable lightning recode and lightning shrink. i have used these settings 4 years with no stuttering or audio issues. when using cuda or other codecs had issues with stuttering or audio issues

Comment

Hi 0brian, I will try this right now.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X