Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After compressing to 25gb bluray and I get stuttering when playing on bluray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After compressing to 25gb bluray and I get stuttering when playing on bluray player

I'm using the trial version. My system is an 8 core amd, with 16gb ram. I know I can post the log file, just not sure where to find. Please let me know what I can provide to figure this out?
    Thanks

The degree of compression may have been too high or you may have burned the blank disc at too high a speed. Try <4x for burning. The logs needed to evaluate your problem are all found in the \(My) Documents\DVDFab11\Logs folder. The specific logs needed are the
    1) DVDFab internal log
    2) burn log
    3 Fabcheck log
    but only parts of the internal and burn log are necessary, the sessions related to the titles with stuttering. You can edidn’t out the sessions using Notepad. See also the link in my sig about supplying logs in the Forum. If you can’t see the links below this text, refresh your browser window.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you,

I did burn at 2x as I read a post that say to for more successful burns. I have edited and attached the logs.

Only allowed to upload 2 attachments. I'll post again with the third.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Third log file.
        Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

The Service Team will check the logs with the developers on Monday. Sorry you are having a problem with it.

The log shows you are trying to compress Midway to a single layer blank, this may be forcing the video bitrate too low for a disc like Midway with lots of fast motion scenes. You might try setting DVDFab to use software for the video compression and set it to remove the HD audio, which will let the video bitrate be higher. Are you using DVDFab in Trial mode?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, trial mode. Setting to remove HD audio, what do I lose doing that?
            thanks

Comment

I would like toe retain the Atmos audio track with the compression. Will removing HD audio cause me to lose the the Atmos track?
              Thanks

Comment

Also, where would I set audio to use software compression?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Conure View Post
                  Yes, trial mode. Setting to remove HD audio, what do I lose doing that?
                  thanks
                  You will lose the ATMOS. You will be left with the 5.1 core audio.

Comment

Also, where would I set audio to use software compression?

thanks
                    The audio is not compressed, only the video. The only thing you can do to the audio is strip the HD as noted above or remove all of the audio streams that you do not need or want. The controls for software/hardware video compression are located in DVDFab Common Settings->AV Codec.

Comment

I have a smaller BR movie Side effects that is 27gb and I'll compress that to a 25gb . I did checked off under AV codex to disable GPU for encoding and decoding. Am I correct thats disabling hardware compression?
                      thanks

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Please share the result.

Comment

I just tested the movie Side effects and see the same issue. Same exact skip in the video, not audio. I read that some folks seen this with version 10 and above, but not dvdfab 9 version.Is there a way to test that?
                          Thanks

Comment

I just tested the movie Side effects and see the same issue. Same exact skip in the video, not audio. I read that some folks seen this with version 10 and above, but not dvdfab 9 version.Is there a way to test that?
                            Thanks
                            do you still get the stuttering if you play the movie on a media player ??
                            you might also try going back into common settings - AV Codec - and uncheck "Lightning Recode" restart dvdfab and
                            retry your disc again to see if you still get the stuttering.

Comment

tried the DVDfab player and it did not skip. I tried another stand alone bluray player and that still slipped.

Are you saying to uncheck lighting and burn the disc again?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X