Multiple discs with read errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple discs with read errors

I have recently had problems with read errors on 3 different discs. Top Gun: Maverick, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Fabelmans. Top Gun actually copied when I ignored the errors. The other 2 discs did not. Both movies are produced by Universal and when I play them on my stand alone player they have the same menu structure. The discs are brand new with no visible scratches. My burner is LG WH16NS40 which I have never had issues with. I did also rename the fabprocess.exe file.
    My guess is these 2 movies are not updated yet and that is why they will not copy? I'm not sure what else to do. I have been using DVDFab for many, many years and never had these problems.
    Last edited by JT5298; 03-08-2023, 02:51 PM.

Could it be a firmware issue with my burner? I noticed there is a new firmware for my burner dated 1/12/22. Although updating the firmware will make the drive no longer able to read UHD discs. Version 1.03 is what I have. Going to 1.05 will make it UHD unfriendly correct?
    Last edited by JT5298; 03-08-2023, 06:55 PM.

Comment

No one has a solution?

Comment

Tried to copy old movie ParaNorman, same result, read errors. Something is very wrong with this program.

Comment

Originally posted by JT5298 View Post
          I have recently had problems with read errors on 3 different discs. Top Gun: Maverick, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Fabelmans. Top Gun actually copied when I ignored the errors. The other 2 discs did not. Both movies are produced by Universal and when I play them on my stand alone player they have the same menu structure. The discs are brand new with no visible scratches. My burner is LG WH16NS40 which I have never had issues with. I did also rename the fabprocess.exe file.
          My guess is these 2 movies are not updated yet and that is why they will not copy? I'm not sure what else to do. I have been using DVDFab for many, many years and never had these problems.
          Please provide the dvdfab_internal log file first.

Comment

Can't upload the file it is too big, only 1.2 mb! That is really small, not sure how to make it smaller.

Comment

I uninstalled dvdfab 12 and reinstalled it. Then changed the name of Fabprocess.exe. Still get the same read errors. The 2 discs or actually 3 discs are The Fabelmans, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, and ParaNorman. Every disc I put in gives me errors. It seems something is corrupt. I was able to back up both movies using another 30 day trial software. The problem is not the discs, or my burner, it lies within this program. I tried to upload the log file but it's too large.

I would like to keep this product and possibly upgrade to the UHD copy, but if these problems can't be fixed, then it will be pointless to upgrade. I want to provide as much information as possible, but if I can't upload the logs it makes it difficult.

Please help me, help you.

Thanks

Comment

Okay, here is the log file for Puss in Boots.
                Please help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the log file for The Fabelmans.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I uninstalled dvdfab 12 and reinstalled it. Then changed the name of Fabprocess.exe. Still get the same read errors. The 2 discs or actually 3 discs are The Fabelmans, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, and ParaNorman. Every disc I put in gives me errors. It seems something is corrupt. I was able to back up both movies using another 30 day trial software. The problem is not the discs, or my burner, it lies within this program. I tried to upload the log file but it's too large.

I would like to keep this product and possibly upgrade to the UHD copy, but if these problems can't be fixed, then it will be pointless to upgrade. I want to provide as much information as possible, but if I can't upload the logs it makes it difficult.

Please help me, help you.

Thanks
                    go to the member center and download an older version of dvdfab and see if
                    you still have issues copying your discs.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

go to the member center and download an older version of dvdfab and see if
                      you still have issues copying your discs.
                      How old, I tried version 11 and had the same issue.

Comment

How old, I tried version 11 and had the same issue.
                        try uninstalling your computers dvd drives, restart your computer and let windows re install the drives
                        and see if you still get the read errors. might also check your security software that could also prevent
                        dvdfab from accessing the servers.

Comment

Uninstalled the drive restarted computer, same result, read errors. Not really sure how to check if my security is preventing dvdfab from accessing the servers. It says it is accessing the cloud server and then moves on to reading the disc, but then gets read errors. This is very frustrating.

Comment

I went into my security settings and dvdfab is enabled through firewall.

Comment

I went into my security settings and dvdfab is enabled through firewall.
                              did all recent version of dvdfab started giving the read errors ??
                              strange that v11 didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X