Multiple discs with read errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by october262 View Post

did all recent version of dvdfab started giving the read errors ??
    strange that v11 didn't work.
    The bottom line is the newest version of dvdfab 12 should not give read errors with a movie that is 10 years old. I wish this could get figured out. Have you tried to back up any of the discs I have listed?

Comment

Something strange I think I should mention. While I am typing new replies in this forum I keep getting this pop-up saying. "ERROR invalid server response please try again." It happens over and over again. Then when I want to post it wants me to log in again.

Comment

Originally posted by JT5298 View Post

The bottom line is the newest version of dvdfab 12 should not give read errors with a movie that is 10 years old. I wish this could get figured out. Have you tried to back up any of the discs I have listed?
        i have ParaNorman but it's only dvd and not bluray
        do you have another dvd drive or computer you could try ??
        perhaps you dvd drive is starting to fail.
        Last edited by october262; 03-13-2023, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i have ParaNorman but it's only dvd and not bluray
          do you have another dvd drive or computer you could try ??
          perhaps you dvd drive is starting to fail.
          It's not the drive. I was able to back up both The Fabelmans and Puss in Boots using another program. However, the other program only produces MKV files. Not able to burn to disc without re-encoding. There is something wrong with dvdfab 12 not being able to read the disc without errors. I can rip it but it doesn't play on my computer or on a standalone blu-ray player. The movie freezes and is pixelated.

Comment

I've been reading past posts on this issue. It seems others are having this problem also, and there has not been any fix. Is it possible this is a problem that can't be fixed and there is no longer any support. Are UHD discs the main focus now, and blu-ray is on the "back burner" These forums seem to not have a lot of activity anymore. Maybe because physical media is not that important to most people anymore? Most people are streaming everything now. I prefer the quality of physical media over streaming. This is why this is so frustrating to me. Maybe I am the only one with this issue and everything is working fine for most others.
            Either way I would really like to talk to a "Team" member on this issue to try and get it sorted out. No offense october262, I really appreciate the responses and suggestions. Thank you.

Comment

I have the "Puss In Boots: Last Wish" blue-ray and will test it on my system & report back.
              I understand you have a LG WH16NS40 burner and that is what you are using. What firmware release is on it and is it a LG released firmware?
              Exactly which release of DVDFab are you using? I have just updated to 12.1.0.1 & will use that for testing.
              I have it set to Full Disc Copy to BD50 using my LG WH14NS40 burner.
              More to come . . .

Update:
              The "Puss In Boots: Last Wish" blu-ray has now been processed successfully to hard disc in 50gb files/folders mode with a miniso created.
              I mounted the miniso to a virtual drive and played it back using "Player Fab". It seems to play back ok.
              I await answers to the questions I asked above..
              Last edited by Rich86; 03-13-2023, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                I have the "Puss In Boots: Last Wish" blue-ray and will test it on my system & report back.
                I understand you have a LG WH16NS40 burner and that is what you are using. What firmware release is on it and is it a LG released firmware?
                Exactly which release of DVDFab are you using? I have just updated to 12.1.0.1 & will use that for testing.
                I have it set to Full Disc Copy to BD50 using my LG WH14NS40 burner.
                More to come . . .

Update:
                The "Puss In Boots: Last Wish" blu-ray has now been processed successfully to hard disc in 50gb files/folders mode with a miniso created.
                I mounted the miniso to a virtual drive and played it back using "Player Fab". It seems to play back ok.
                I await answers to the questions I asked above..
                I have a LG WH16NS40 firmware 1.02. I am using the same 12.1.0.1. I tried to just backup the main movie, but also tried full disc. I immediately get read errors even before I can select main or full disc. Like I said another program can rip it fine, so it seems something is going on with dvdfab and my computer.
                I'm sure if I can get this sorted out with Puss and Boots, The Fablemans will work as well.
                Last edited by JT5298; 03-14-2023, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Is this drive capable of reading/processing 4k titles? And if yes - did that require a firmware change or other driver of some sort?
                  You mentioned another program capable of copying this title. Was that makemkv? If yes - did it launch libredrive?
                  Just exploring possibilities to consider with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                    Is this drive capable of reading/processing 4k titles? And if yes - did that require a firmware change or other driver of some sort?
                    You mentioned another program capable of copying this title. Was that makemkv? If yes - did it launch libredrive?
                    Just exploring possibilities to consider with you.
                    Yes this drive in theory can read/process UHD titles. I don't own any UHD titles though so I don't know for sure. Yes I changed/flashed the firmware. Yes the other program is MakeMKV. I tried backing up these 2 titles before I flashed my drive though, and before using MakeMKV, and they had read errors. As far as it launching libredrive I don't know the answer to that.

Comment

Yes this drive in theory can read/process UHD titles. I don't own any UHD titles though so I don't know for sure. Yes I changed/flashed the firmware. Yes the other program is MakeMKV. I tried backing up these 2 titles before I flashed my drive though, and before using MakeMKV, and they had read errors. As far as it launching libredrive I don't know the answer to that.
                      do you still get read errors if you do main movie or use clone mode ??

Comment

Where did the firmware you flashed to this drive come from? Directly from LG or somewhere else?

Comment

Maybe I should PM you the answer to that.

Comment

I'll just say somewhere else.

Comment

I understand where this firmware came from.
                              I have a question into Fab support which may give us a clue . . will post again when I hear back.

Comment

Okay, thanks. Just to reiterate, I had these issues before flashing the drive. I don't think that is the issue, but you can look into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X