Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has nothing to do with "auto check for updates". I haven't changed any settings and now is working fine again.
    Last edited by ranciaes; 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

It's happening again this morning. Turning off "check for updates automatically" didn't help. I'm using v7.0.3.0.

Comment

This might be a server issue on fengtao's end but I am only guessing.

Comment

Cannot use dvdfab today - get the dreaded "internet is required to open this"...

this is a serious flaw in this software. I am now stuck sitting on my ass waiting for dvdfab support to reply to email, (usually not replying )
          It could at least give a more correct error.

Comment

Its not a flaw, its the way the program works, it has to have an internet connection to decrypt the new bluray movies, if you have that option enabled it will always need the internet. The key has to be sent over the internet. Its a flaw in your internet connection.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Yes it is a flaw. I burned Step Brothers and Star Trek yesterday, then when I tried to burn Transformers II the error came up. Now the software will not open any blu-rays, including Step Bothers and Star Trek. I also connected my computer directly to the modem, no longer using the router, as well as shut off Windows Firewall and still nothing. If it is not software error, how did I burn two movies without any issues, then now not be able to open the same titles?

Comment

I also got the "Internet is required to open this Blu-ray disc" message for the first time. I do have an internet connection and I have turned Windows firewall off and added DVDFab to exception list. I have not had this problem before with other Blu-ray discs. Is this problem on my end or DVDFab?

Comment

bonethang, no problem on your side.
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by bonethang View Post
                    I also got the "Internet is required to open this Blu-ray disc" message for the first time. I do have an Internet connection and I have turned Windows firewall off and added DVDFab to exception list. I have not had this problem before with other Blu-ray discs. Is this problem on my end or DVDFab?
                    Do you have a dialup connection or a broadband connection? Dialup connections are well known for dropped or low bandwidth signals. If you have a Broadband connection I see no reason why this should happen, but it has to be connected to the Internet for the Bluray option to work. Now I am just guessing here but why dont you try Passkey to see if that Opens the disc, if it does, it not a problem on your end.
                    Last edited by Chameleon; 04-08-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I have high speed broadband cable. I am cruising on the net right now. So what is the deal

Comment

Originally posted by bonethang View Post
                        I have high speed broadband cable. I am cruising on the net right now. So what is the deal
                        Then the problem is on the software side, did you try Passkey? Sometimes with new programs there is a trial and error period, before it works perfectly, I am sure the author will fix this asap. Sorry for your inconvenience

Comment

Passkey will not open it either. And again, it worked at 8pm last night then didn't work at 8am this morning on the same movie (Star Trek) and there were no setting changes done on my high speed connection or my software.

Comment

It sounds like there may be a problem at the server end where the data is being obtained from.

I am sure that the Fab team will look at it when they wake up in Beijing. (Currently about 4:30am)
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I get the same error with Passkey. This is so weird, I have never had any problems with DVDFab... Do you know if they are having problems on their end or if they have had a change in security settings?

Comment

Dvdfab 7 Cant connect to the internet but 6 used to work fine

Aloha all,

I installed dvdfab 7 and now it wont connect to the net, i tired to re-run 6 and now that gives the same error. I have attached the error message. I tired to disable windows firewall and anti virus with no change.

About an hour ago this was working, but now since upgrading it doesn't anymore.

Please advise

I have a lifetime membership to all versions of dvdfab
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X