This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonethang View Post
    I get the same error with Passkey. This is so weird, I have never had any problems with DVDFab... Do you know if they are having problems on their end or if they have had a change in security settings?
    Please do not worry, this is a great software, it will be fixed, the guys here are all helping but are not Developers or have access to the servers, this will have to wait until Fengtao addresses it and that wont be long. He is usually excellent about fixing things.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

There seems to be a communication problem with the server that provides the data for the Blu-Ray keys.

Hopefully the Fab team will get on it once they wake up in Beijing.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No matter the reason, this issue still shows a serious flaw in the software!!

Being very dependent on the software makers server, is never a good thing. As this shows, the software becomes inactive the instant they have a problem with their server.

This is far from the 1st time this has occurred.
        They will probably delete this posting.
        yay freedom of speech

Comment

Chameleon - In case you have not figured it yet, IT IS NOT A USERS INTERNET PROBLEM

It is a problem at the DVDFABs servers.
          Problem still occurring.

Also, it is Thursday 3:12 pm in California now and
          in Bejing it is Fri 6:12 AM

Also, these postings show a time of 10:13 pm. So where ever they are, night is just beginning if this is where the servers for dvdfab are located, then it will be another day down before being resolved.

If this happened on a weekend, the software would be down longer than a day. According to Chameleon this is not a flaw, but a feature. ??? Maybe he likes to have software that no longer works, but most intelligent people want the software to do stuff.
          Last edited by sirken; 04-08-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Looks like I picked the wrong day to purchase the software

Comment

Nah, this will be fixed. The Beijing Boys always get things fixed.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Same here for me

I am using 7.0.3.2 and i am getting the same error about the fire wall.

It must be a server issue because it was working fine just the other day. This software is probably the best on the market for backing up BLu Ray Disks
                Last edited by ANNIHILATOR001; 04-08-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

8:32 am in Bejing, and no one is awake yet. Software is still down.
                  And I have been given a break from using it ALL day.

I do like the software, But this issue of it not working due to an external issue, really gets me nervous, Even paid versions will only work as long as the company is active, with active servers. It would just the recording industry to shut down the company to effectively stop all the users, past and present
                  Last edited by sirken; 04-09-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Give it a break, you tosser !!!

Comment

same xxxx as before, Why do blue rays need to connect to a server but DVDs do not? This is making me think I would like my money back. ;(
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Obviously you do not understand!!!

In simplistic terms, BD's have keys while DVD's do not and Fab talks to the server and obtains a key when you start to rip a BD.

This is far more efficient than holding a key database within the software which would then create bloatware and also require a software update every time a new release comes on the market.

Comment

Im having the same problem.. I burned planet earth and braveheart 3 days ago and now same thing as everyone else. Hopefully the problem gets fixed. zombieland and imax under the sea both didn't work. where do you disable the check update automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by D-RuN View Post
                            Im having the same problem.. I burned planet earth and braveheart 3 days ago and now same thing as everyone else. Hopefully the problem gets fixed. zombieland and imax under the sea both didn't work. where do you disable the check update automatically?
                            Common settings/general

Comment

Further information

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Obviously you do not understand!!!

In simplistic terms, BD's have keys while DVD's do not and Fab talks to the server and obtains a key when you start to rip a BD.
                              For each Bluray, does DVDFab need to connect to the server and grab a key? In other words, does each Bluray have it's own key?

Or is it just for new keys that it must connect? I put an older Bluray in (Felon) and it was able to read the disk and display the info.

Just want a better understanding of how the software works.

Thanks.

Comment

It seems some disc don't need a connection, I just tested one with no BD+ protection and it opened fine but the one with BD+ popped up that error.

Comment

Working...
                                X