Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Screen on Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
    Btw, I tried to make a copy on a different machine. Its an older PC running Windows 10 on an i7-3770K platform, with a Nvidia GTX 1050 video card. Same identical result, so it is not anything specific to my PC but likely the compression algorithm in DVDFab. Just wanted to pass that along. Thank you.
    try what is posted in post #7 in this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...uts#post406704

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    replied
    Btw, I tried to make a copy on a different machine. Its an older PC running Windows 10 on an i7-3770K platform, with a Nvidia GTX 1050 video card. Same identical result, so it is not anything specific to my PC but likely the compression algorithm in DVDFab. Just wanted to pass that along. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    replied
    Thank you. Green screen, not free screen. The whole screen turns green, the bottom half being a darker shade of green. Again I cannot do a screen capture due to DRM issue. But was able to take a picture with my camera (the text is a bit fuzzy but you get the general idea). As I said, it starts at 00:07:02 and lasts for about 8 frames. Same effect whether playing from HDD in power DVD or from disc on my Sony standalone player. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    I will get the QA team to check if they could duplicate this free screen issue.

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    started a topic Green Screen on Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

Green Screen on Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

I made a Movie Only backup of "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" (2019 release purchased on Amazon) to 25 GB BD. At 00:07:02, there is about 8 frames of a green screen. I could not attach a screen shot due to DRM protection of my player. I tried various scenarios but it appears at precisely the same place. When making a movie only backup to 50 GB BD (thus no compression) there is no green screen. It is not the media because this was directly on the HDD file. I had the same problem with another copy and though it was something on the original, but getting the exact same thing with this copy. So it is reasonable to conclude that it is something in DVDFab compression. (Using latest version of DVDFab, latest version of Windows 11, and latest video drivers).

The issue shows up whether using a software player on my PC to play the file on my HDD and on a standalone player using the copied disc. I even backed up to a higher compression (as if to DVD 9) and the problem STILL shows up at the same location.

I was going to make a backup using software (CPU only) compression, but that pretty much maxes out all CPU cores and the CPU runs hot (I have AIO water cooling) and would have taken a very long time, so decided to abandon it.

I hope DVDFab can fix this. This is NOT a new release. I recall seeing similar comments about other Star Wars movies with similar problem but no solution was offered. It is not a decryption issue because it will back up fine with no compression. Since the issue appears on a 2011 release AND a 2019 release it appears to be a DVDFab issue.

I have attached a zip of all my log files. Please advise. Thank you!
    Attached Files
Working...
X