Having some fragmentation/pixelation when converting to dvd9 on some blurays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by directeeccks View Post
    ...Yea I am pretty sure you didn't bump you burner or the original had issues. I have done my test and i watched both rips of the same movie.(dvd9 compression) They both are good. I just think its funny that the first time i ripped it with compression(before my trial and error runs) I had bad spots of frags and pixels bleeding or misplaced randomly and for different amounts of time. So since both of my rips were good. My findings are non conclusive this trial run.So I decided to do like a 5 min rips with and without cuda same 5 min of movie. The cuda had a half of second bleed of pixels. So at this point i am stumped as to why it is happening.
    This sounds like a driver and/or DVDFab is using a just-in-time implementation for the conversion. If some of the data for the next frame is not there yet then it will move on instead of waiting. This is common for devices that need to keep in sync with the audio when one is watching a movie but should not be used when both the source and destination are static rather than live.

You might be able to prove it one way or the other by doing one conversion with nothing else running and then another where you try to saturate the machine use (play another Blu-Ray at the same time or something). If the drivers/DVDFab are configured properly then there should be no difference between the two.

Comment

Complication,
      So if it may be a driver/dvd fab. Do you know of reference I can check out to see if my configuration is correct. I feel it may be a useful tool for me myself to run some more trials and may give some useful info for some that have the same issues. On another note I am thinking of removing all codecs from my cpu and doing a fresh install of only the ones I need.
      TY for the info

Comment

Just a quick update. I have ran some more test on the new version of fab. I have not received any problems yet with pixels and such. I also like to add faster encode times.
        Its about 20 min faster with cuda enabled.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X