MyMovies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyMovies

I just saw this thread and it intrigued me as another option for what I'm trying to do. I'm "simply" backing up my DVD and now Blu Ray collections to my HTPC hard drive and playing it through MyMovies add-on through Windows Media Center. I'm of course using DVDFab to do the ripping. The DVD back-up has always been simple. For DVD, I've always just ripped to the native Vob files. It always works smoothly. For BD, from what I've been reading, the recommendation is to rip to ISO file, versus the native .mt2s. Does anybody have thoughts on this? Would anybody recommend using the Blu Ray to Mobile feature and ripping to .mkv? What is are advantages/disadvantages of using that file type? Does that compress the file at all (I don't want to)?

Any input is appreciated.

Post moved to new thread to undo thread hijack.

Comment

Huh? My question is not regarding MyMovies, rather, I'm trying to get input on the benefits of ripping to .mkv format in Blu Ray to Mobile versus as .mt2s or ISO in Blu Ray to Blu Ray. The .mkv question was the topic of the thread I replied in. I just mentioned that I use MyMovies to play my files.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
        Huh? My question is not regarding MyMovies, rather, I'm trying to get input on the benefits of ripping to .mkv format in Blu Ray to Mobile versus as .mt2s or ISO in Blu Ray to Blu Ray. The .mkv question was the topic of the thread I replied in. I just mentioned that I use MyMovies to play my files.
        It may have been the topic of the thread you replied in but the thread was not yours and was a hijack so has been moved to a thread your own.

Comment

Hmm, I have no idea what hijacking is. I simply replied to a forum that I thought was open to everybody. The topic was right off one of the forum pages. I was not aware that I was precluded from responding to certain postings. Can you better explain what I did wrong?

Comment

When a person starts a posting on a message board, or forum, or Facebook, that others are able to comment on, that original posting and the comments on it are called a thread. A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting, go off topic, creating a separate conversation. This is rude, and bad internet etiquette. If people want to discuss a different topic, they should start their own thread.

Comment

The simple answer is that if you ask questions that are designed to help you rather than the OP then you are threadjacking.

Hmm, I have no idea what hijacking is. I simply replied to a forum that I thought was open to everybody. The topic was right off one of the forum pages. I was not aware that I was precluded from responding to certain postings. Can you better explain what I did wrong?
              The forum is open but we do have a decorum to respect. Questions and comments designed to help you should go in your own thread. Feel free to reference and/or link to threads that prompted your questions. If you have something to say that you think will help the OP then please do participate in any thread you wish.

Comment

I don't want to belabor this issue, but I also want to make sure I understand the "etiquette". To be clear, my question related to Complications quote below. Perhaps I should have "Quoted" that to be more clearer. Or I guess, started a new Forum with the topic of "Best Format for BD Playback, i.e., ISO, .mt2s, .mkv, etc?". Thanks and sorry for the breach.

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                2. Probably never. Vast majority of video enthusiasts using some kinda container to pack all tracks (streams) into, i.e. MKV, BD, AVI etc. So, those few like you who's using "naked" videofile can use utilities to handle it outside DVDFab. Because there is really a very few of you, I don't think Fab should be bloated with something completely useless for majority.

Comment

Complication, I got it, and will be more thoughtful as to my postings. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X