This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Dvdfab keeps crashing after analyzing phase

Okay so this has been annoying me for the past few days now. I've only been able to successfully rip about 2 Blu-Ray movies out of 6.

Here's the problem:

After the "Analyze" phase it just crashes! Here's the error report...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FabCore.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.5.1
    Application Timestamp: 4bc6e32c
    Fault Module Name: codecs.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4bc0362e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000905ce
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I've attached a screenshot of the error. It seems to always crash after the
    "DXVA GPU acceleration..." step. I've already unchecked the box to disable the DXVA Acceleration in the "Preview" option. It still crashes.

If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've tried looking up how to disable DXVA in other ways besides through DVDfab. Nothing I've tried has worked. It's very irritating aghhhh. THANKS
    Attached Files

SaMirakle
    Could you post your logs The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Also did you install Fab with administrator privileges?

Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.
    Give it a try and post back.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Okay here's one of the logs from when I tried to rip District 9 last night:
      DVDFab 7.0.5.1 (2010/04/30 23:35:58)

0m 00.26s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 44.10s: detected blu-ray
      0m 44.14s: drive E
      0m 44.14s: volume label DISTRICT_9
      1m 15.73s: root 3B5E314300000000DISTRICT_9ISTRICT_9ISTRICT_9ISTRICT_9
      1m 18.60s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
      1m 23.58s: got discinfo
      1m 24.41s: got bdmv
      1m 24.42s: got agid
      1m 24.44s: sent host cert chal
      1m 24.44s: got drive cert chal
      1m 24.47s: got drive key
      1m 24.49s: got host key signature
      1m 24.49s: verified drive signature
      1m 24.49s: verified host signature
      1m 24.52s: sent host signature and key point
      1m 24.52s: got bus key
      1m 24.53s: got volume id
      1m 24.53s: got volume id mac
      1m 24.53s: volume id is correct
      1m 24.53s: got vid
      1m 25.13s: got vuk
      1m 25.17s: got unit key 4
      1m 53.52s: got extended bdinfo
      7m 00.67s: groups clips(00011.m2ts,)
      7m 00.68s: groups playtime(6735729 ms)
      7m 00.68s: Video reencode bitrate (23188 kbps)
      7m 00.70s: processing source(00011.m2ts)
      7m 00.70s: try to use gpu acceleration(2) for video decoding
      7m 00.70s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
      7m 07.83s: filter connect error: 503.03 4

Okay so you're saying I should reinstall DVDfab with administrator privileges or should I right click and select "Run as Administrator?"

Comment

Alright so I tried running it as an administrator. Still same problem. I even tried to burn a blu-ray that I downloaded and it still has the same error! So it's not just the ripping process that may be the cause I'm assuming. I downloaded the new Beta version of DVDfab to see if that helped and it doesn't. Aghhhhhhhhhh

(Oh and thanks CBR for your help) Hopefully you or someone else has different things to try.

Comment

SaMirakle
          Yes reinstall as outlined in my previous post, your OS is Win7 correct?
          Also your log is an internal, would you happen to have a burn log where you successfully did a burn?
          CBR929

I even tried to burn a blu-ray that I downloaded and it still has the same error!
          Was this off the internet?
          Last edited by CBR929; 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

SaMirakle

Before you going any further please read "Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums" here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=122

@CBR929
            IMO, you should suspend your assistance to above poster.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post

@CBR929
              IMO, you should suspend your assistance to above poster.
              I was waiting for a reply, and not assuming, as some users do not know the difference between a download and a rip.

Comment

Hey guys don't worry. I'm testing the software on Blu-Rays that I own. I currently own about 8 Blu-Ray movies so I'm just trying to back them up in case they get scratched. I have a HUGE pet peeve about scratches on any type of disc I have.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to try to reinstall it with "Administrator" privileges. I'll get a report back to you guys after I try it out. Thanks again CBR!

Enough proof for you?

Comment

Yep, enough proof to me. Thank you, no problem. I hope I didn't offended you too much.
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

SaMirakle
                    Your welcome, as I try not to judge people on some of their wording You may also want to change your settings for your decoding to maybe software and test.
                    CBR929

Comment

Hey CBR. Okay so I reinstalled DVDfab by right lcicking the installation file and selecting "Run as Administrator." I just tried to rip my District 9 disc and I'm still getting the same damn error! I think it has something to do with this DXVA crap. Even when I UNCHECK it in the DVDfab settings it still says that it's enabled in the live log as it's ripping. I don't know what to do AHHH

Comment

Originally posted by SaMirakle View Post
                        Even when I UNCHECK it in the DVDfab settings it still says that it's enabled in the live log as it's ripping. I don't know what to do AHHH
                        SaMirakle,
                        you can't simply "uncheck" DXVA GPU acceleration. Yes, you can disable DXVA Acceleration for preview, but it has nothing to do with you issue, especially when preview (according to your screenshot) not even activated.
                        However, in order to disable DXVA Acceleration for encoding/decoding, you have to go to Settings ->General ->A/V Codec and set all drop-downs to "software". Restart DVDFab. Now you have GPU Acceleration disabled.

Another thing, before you do all this, I would recommend to download and install latest version 7.0.5.1

In general, I have to tell you that root of your problem is in your Videocard, not in DVDFab. First you should start with, is to check for driver update. From your error, you can see that there's filter incompatibility. Since DVDFab updates quite frequently and using latest filters, it's possible that driver for your card is far behind. If you, in fact, find that you videocard driver outdated and you update it, please enable GPU Acceleration and try again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ipopov,

I've already selected "Software" in the AV codec settings. I still get the same error. I guess the next step would be to check if there's an update for my video driver. I just bought this laptop brand new a couple of months ago but hopefully that's the problem. I'll get back to you on this later this afternoon. Thanks!

(Also, I had already downloaded the beta version and it was still giving me the same error so I reinstalled the 7.0.40 again)

Comment

I looked up your thread from beginning and noticed some abnormalities.
                            First of all, how FabCore got in a mix? and why are you running DVDFab from FabCore.exe application?
                            Second, your error showed that you have problem with filter accessing a process. There are few possible causes: antivirus software, if exemptions are not set or set incorrectly; Your optical drive drivers are outdated, your videocard driver is outdated.
                            Besides, as general rule, I would suggest to make Full Disc rip to your HDD first, and then use it as source for encoding/decoding. Also, I always rip disc to HDD as folder.
                            I hope, that you are using ImgBurn as burning engine. If not, read this and follow recommendations: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12

Originally posted by SaMirakle
                            BUMPERONI
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                              I looked up your thread from beginning and noticed some abnormalities.
                              First of all, how FabCore got in a mix? and why are you running DVDFab from FabCore.exe application?
                              FabCore.exe is normal. You wouldn't have seen it unless DVDFab has a hard crash.

Comment

Working...
                              X