This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnpayd View Post
    a dell dual drive dvdBD-RE. I just got the computer in April. The burner works fine. Regular DVDs burned quickly and without a hitch. It has only since Sunday that I have had this problem with the blu ray. PowerDVD DX is also on the computer. It starts up whenever I put a disk in, but I shut it down before running Fab. I tried to install updates to PowerDVD on Sunday. This caused problems because Windows 7 would not open all my programs so I did a system restore to a time before the updates. Is this relevent? As I said I have been burning non blu rays without a problem. This jerky pic is only with the Blu rays.
    Yep, that's the deal!!!! Damn PowerDVD!!!! That's why I asked that question... I hate this program....
    Please do me (actually do yourself) a favor, follow this link:

Download and install this player (it's free). If your WIndows 64 bit, there is x64 version. Try your disc with this player and let me know how it goes.
    Oh, the player.... you will thank me later
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I downloaded the program and uninstalled PowerDVD. I will reburn Sutter Island and get back to you later. Thanks, I hope this works.
      Last edited by Johnpayd; 06-10-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Not yet. just turn it off for now - close it. Try my player first, I'm waiting
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

As you can tell, I'm really pissed off of this program. Once I have experience painfully similar to yours. I had a very good working computer, upgraded drive (installed my first BD) and it came with PoweDVD disc. I installed, and it asked me to update.... I did.... from that point all my vocabulary towards that program is inappropriate for public forum... I end up reinstalling windows and my beloved computer never was the same.... It's a sad story.
          sigpic

Comment

I reburned Shutter off my HD but it still is jerky. So I am recopying it to the HD again. Could PowerDVD have screwed up the copy while it was being copied to the HD? I did unistall PowerDVD before you replied and downloaded the other free media player. Hopefully, the new copy will be perfect. Will get back to you in about 4-5 hours. It took that long to copy before

Comment

I am still waiting for Shutter Island to finish burning to HD. (It will be 3 more hours) I got this email from Fab(I guess cause I sent a pathplayer report in). I made these changes in Common Settings to "software" before I started the copy process. Do you think these changes will help?

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set a different video decoder from original one as Software or DXVA or CUDA and set a different video encoder from original one as software/Software + CUDA, then compress again to see the result.

Unbenannt.jpg

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Maria Merkel

DVDFab Support Team

Comment

It worked!!!! Thank you

It worked!!!! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Johnpayd View Post
                  It worked!!!! Thank you
                  I'm happy for you John. You are welcome and don't be a stranger, com back we'll chat
                  Well, one down, thousands to go.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X