X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all,

Please try following steps to see the result:

1. Change burning engine to "ImgBurn" in "Settings -> Write".
    2. Copy original disc to BD50 "Full Disc" ISO.
    3. Use the ISO as source to create BD25 output.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I have been using ImgBurn with these results. At first I though it might be ImgBurn since I started using it after buying the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray option when I saw it recommended on here.I have also tried the VSO engine with same results. This was something I should have included in my post and I apologize for not doing so.

I just tried using cc cleaner after seeing someone post their compression speed went up after using it. I uninstalled DVDFab and ran it, After I re-installed DVDFab I tried compressing Alive in Wonderland from the BD50 Full Disc ISO to BD-25 Full Disc. At first I thought it had helped with my speed problem on Vista Home 32-bit. Unfortunately it didn't as when I checked the settings after it had finished and I saw I had forgotten to change Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray settings to Slow Speed/High Quality and the software friendly certificate version for BD5/BD9 and it was still on Fast Speed/Normal Quality with the standalone friendly no certificate option checked(Another thing I should have included earlier. Sorry Feng Tao : (. )When I checked the first known trouble spot at 4m53s I was suprised to see these results posted.

As you can see the video corruption is there but almost gone. It still runs the 1st frame corrupt 2nd & 3rd frames fine then 4th corrupt. As you can see on the last frame the corruption is almost completely gone with only the slightest over the mans eye brow( you really can't see it in this picture as it posts as smaller than what I have on my computer) and a small patch in the upper right hand in the trees. I should mention this was using CoreAVC to decode and software to encode.

I'm going to try it on my second computer to see if using the Fast Speed/Normal Quality and the standalone friendly option replicates the same results on it. I will also try an all software for decoding and encoding with HD Audio removed to see if it affects the results. I may go this way more often because in the bits I watched many times I really couldn't see any quality difference between the 2 options. This may be why it was fixed for others as now that I think on it I don't believe we discussed what setting on the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray was being used.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-17-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Hi DharmaBummed69,

Please try “Clone" to make an ISO backup from original disc, then use the cloned iso as source to make BD25 full disc backup, to see the result.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

Main Movie on Ghostbusters looks good so far with Clone Disc and Main Movie BD-25. I'll have to wait on checking Alice in Wonderland as I jut loaned it to my mother for the RV trip they just left on so I'll have to wait til they get back to try that one. I'll try the BD-25 compression with the clone disc and report back the results. Bummer though. Looks like I wasted a lot of time backing up using the Full Disc option instead of the Clone Disc option.

Although I'm noticing a lot of extras come in 1080i and if I understand right compression isn't available for that yet. I found out that was why some of my discs had large parts that didn't need compression I may just wait until it's supported so the main move can benefit from maximum compression of the extras and previews in both progressive and interlaced.
          Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

So I used a Clone Disc of Ghostbusters to compress to Full Disc BD-25 with some interesting results. First the process took 4 1/2 hours set on Slow Speed/ High Quality. Compressing from the Full Disc BD-50 option takes twice that time A new low time for me howevere the bitrate it re-encoded to seems really low. I've posted the internal log and the ISO is building right now and when it's done I'll see what the picture quality looks like.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah this copy is a bust. Locked up computer when selecting movie from the main menu. Restarted computer and tried again with almost same result. Computer locked up but after a minute ATI driver failed and reset twice. After that the movie would play when slected from the main menu. Movie oloks really bad. It did re-code at 1200 kbps. Movie averages about 1.0 Mbps with highs of 2.5Mbps in fast moving scenes. Will try it with the Fast Speed/ Normal Quality to see what happens.

I should also mention that I compressed Alice in Wonderland on my other computer to see if I could duplicate the results from my previous post. Switching to Fast Speed/Normal Quality also affected the amount of video corruption onmy second computer using Vista Ultimate 64-bit. In fact it was even better that the results posted from my main computer using Vista Home Premium 32-bit. The 1st frame still had the same amount of corruption but the 4th frame from Vista Ultimate 64-bit had none at all unlike the 4th frame in Vista Home 32-bit. However on Windows 7 changing it to Fast Speed/Normal Quality didn't make any difference. I'm going to play around with it a little more and make sure AVCHD setting doesn't also affect the distortion.

On a quick update I'm trying Ghostbusters again with Fast Speed/Normal Quality and it's still re-encoding at around or under 1000kbps.
              Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-18-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Output size is 11Gig. Half of what should of being. So the other thread is a focus of your attention now
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

The good news is: we have reproduced the video artifacts problem on "Alice in wonderland", so a fix should be available soon.

Comment

Hi DharmaBummed69,

Please post dvdfab_internal.log for Ghostbusters, so we can check low reencode bitrate problem.

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao

Comment

Dear all,

We have fixed the video artifacts problem, please wait for next version, thanks.

Best Regards,
                      Fengtao

Comment

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure you saw that I previously posted the dvdfab_internal.log. That was the only attempt that I let finish.

Comment

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 7.0.7.5 Beta to see the result:

We have tested with several discs and it works now.

Best Regards,
                          Fengtao

Comment

Just did Main Movie BD-25 of Alice from the existing BD-50 Full Disc back-up and it looks good in the first trouble spot. Will do a Full Disc BD-25 adn watch both and report back. So far looks very good. Thank you very much Feng Tao and mods for you apprecieted hard work and great product.

Comment

Just finished watching Alice in Wonderland BD-50 Full Disc to BD-25 Full Disc and it looks great no artifacting. Good job Team Fab. I'll try a few of the other discs I've had artifacting on but I have a feeling there is no real need. Thank You.

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X