No announcement yet.

Fast forward glitch with compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said in the post above, update to version 8.0.2.3 and try them again.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
      Like I said in the post above, update to version 8.0.2.3 and try them again.
      Any news on this issue, I am using 8.0.2.3 and I have the fast forward issue with compressing BTTF playing with my PS3.

Comment

Update to the latest beta version, 8.0.3.5 and try again, using my steps above, also post all the available logfiles as directed in the "Help Us Help You" sticky. Thanks.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
          Update to the latest beta version, 8.0.3.5 and try again, using my steps above, also post all the available logfiles as directed in the "Help Us Help You" sticky. Thanks.
          did they work on this issue on the beta version? is there a release note concerning this update?

I don't want to update, redo all this compressing thing, wait 6 hours, burn, and see that it's not better.

Comment

Originally posted by tapidlittle View Post
            did they work on this issue on the beta version? is there a release note concerning this update?

I don't want to update, redo all this compressing thing, wait 6 hours, burn, and see that it's not better.
            I feel your pain, but seriously have you read even one line acknowledging that a problem exists outside of other users who experience it?
            And you have to love the posts that insinuate that something on your end is not right, or keep reiterating that the newest version might address the problem. There are other threads and posts by those who have “jumped through the hoops” (posting of logs etc.), and since nothing looked abnormal it was promptly forgotten.

To be fair, I suspect it is not worth the time and resources of the developers to address this issue. Consider that the most popular program for compression requires installing three other video utilities and some tweaks.
            My advice would be to take this software for what it is - a nice decryption program and a hit or miss compressor.

Comment

The fast forward/rewind glitch has been around a while. I'd have new versions seem to fix it, only to have the next new version re-instate it. I guess most people don't care about fast forwarding and rewinding copied media???.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                I feel your pain, but seriously have you read even one line acknowledging that a problem exists outside of other users who experience it?
                And you have to love the posts that insinuate that something on your end is not right, or keep reiterating that the newest version might address the problem. There are other threads and posts by those who have “jumped through the hoops” (posting of logs etc.), and since nothing looked abnormal it was promptly forgotten.

To be fair, I suspect it is not worth the time and resources of the developers to address this issue. Consider that the most popular program for compression requires installing three other video utilities and some tweaks.
                My advice would be to take this software for what it is - a nice decryption program and a hit or miss compressor.
                I have done exactly what you mentionned, using the other software, and decrypt with DVDFAB, works fine but I would love to have a one software solution that does everything right.

Comment

Have you guys tried taking your issue up with DVDFab support? Maybe they can help you better than we can.

And I feel you guys, I'm not experiencing the same issues, but I'm sure it's very frustrating to deal with. Also, everyone that is on the board here are all plain old users like yourself who just love the software and come here to help. When we see someone with an issue, we take the info that we have and try to help the best we can, but sometimes that's not enough. Issues and bugs crop up on a regular basis with all software, and I'm sure its particularly frustrating because I don't think the DVDFab devs have been able to reproduce your guys' issue, otherwise it probably would've been fixed already. So give them time and I'm sure they will be able to sort it out eventually. Good luck
                  Last edited by Racem22; 11-11-2010, 06:20 AM.
                  SPECS

Comment

Working...
                  X