This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its works but takes 11+ hours

As per the moderators suggested settings, I used them (they are the defaults BTW) and the streaking has returned. My next step "was" to take my burner and put it in my wife's machine (an i5 lynnfield, 4gb memory etc) but I nixed that idea and bit the bullet and will be getting the parts today for a new system build.

Its the top of the line amd 6 core cpu with 4 gb ddr3 1600 memory, 8 cas latency, with an Asus mobo using the 890fx chipset. I put all that in my existing case using the same hd's. also got a corsair 650 hx pro power supply. will also use the nvidia 9500gt video card w/1gb memory.

So I am assuming all should be better with much faster decoding and no streaking. I'll report back in a few days with the results. Regards...
    Last edited by Complication; 07-28-2010, 06:52 PM. Reason: Removed quote of offending post.
    PennsylvaniaRon
    \\\\|////
    ~ÖÖ~
    ----oOOo-(_)-oOOo----

Comment

Eureka, No more streaks!!

Originally posted by pennsylvaniaron View Post
      As per the moderators suggested settings, I used them (they are the defaults BTW) and the streaking has returned. My next step "was" to take my burner and put it in my wife's machine (an i5 lynnfield, 4gb memory etc) but I nixed that idea and bit the bullet and will be getting the parts today for a new system build.

Its the top of the line amd 6 core cpu with 4 gb ddr3 1600 memory, 8 cas latency, with an Asus mobo using the 890fx chipset. I put all that in my existing case using the same hd's. also got a corsair 650 hx pro power supply. will also use the nvidia 9500gt video card w/1gb memory.

So I am assuming all should be better with much faster decoding and no streaking. I'll report back in a few days with the results. Regards...
      Its Sunday and I finished building my rig yesterday. As I said its an AMD 6 core 1090 unit with 4gb memory, asus mobo 890fx chipset. I am using the same sata3 640gb hd, pioneer blu ray burner and same nvidia 9500gt card from my old rig to encode.

Well big difference now. The same movie the Mask Of Zorro which took me 7+ hours on my old Athlon rig now (with streaks) took exactly 3hrs 34 minutes and it came out perfectly. In fact I was using the computer (with no lag) to surf the web the first 30 minutes and then went to bed.

After I re-installed Fab and did this first backup the settings Fab used are a little different. I believe it said no gpu acceration can be found after it finished the scan. The a/v codec settings it used are CUDA, CUDA, SOFTWARE for the video decoder and SOFTWARE + CUDA for the video encoder.

Hopefully this thread will shed some light on problems people are having other than streaking. Apparently your hardware is critical when backing up blu-ray media. Regards...
      PennsylvaniaRon
      \\\\|////
      ~ÖÖ~
      ----oOOo-(_)-oOOo----

Comment

Well glad it worked out for you and the time cut in half a big difference when time involved

Comment

Working...
        X