Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think dvdfab supports fermi cards yet. I have the gtx 460 currently installed and i get process failure when I have cuda enabled, have to change settings to software only and everything works fine.

i7 930 @ stock
    6gb ddr3 Corsair xms3
    evga gtx 460 768mb
    lg bh10ls30 x 2

Comment

Originally posted by tfatman View Post
      I should be following my own rules I guess and changing things one at a time so I could see what made the difference - but am guessing that the "remove HD audio" process is what was killing me.
      Your guess is wrong, and stop guessing. What happened was you lost DMA and in a course of updates and modification you've reset it.
      If you go to Common Settings ->General on right side of the window you'll see "reset DMA" button.... you may find it useful in a future...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

tfatman,

I'd go with the Phenom X6, but then I have been a hardcore AMD supporter since the OG Athlon days. Though some of the I7 cores will blow away the AMD lineup, I think that the price premium you pay is just not worth it.

My current rig is:

AMD Athlon II X4 635
        Biostar A770E3 Motherboard (My weak link, but it came with a sweet combo deal - got processor/board for 80 bucks about 6 months ago).
        4GB Corsair DDR3 w/8-8-8-24 Latency
        ATI Radeon HD 5750 w/1GB RAM
        2X250GB Seagate Barracuda in RAID 0 (boot + software only)
        2x2TB Western Digital Caviar in RAID 0+1 (storage)
        SB Audigy 2 ZS w/Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 550 THX system...
        650W Corsair PSU

Rocking the sound system old school, but I love the quality I get out of my old components and it makes for great THX system when using my system as an HTPC for blu-rays on my 42" plasma.

Bottomline - go X6 and put the savings you get in your other components.

AMD fanboy out! haha!

Comment

Sorry but I strongly disagree with Gregiboy's assessment. My machine is almost 7 years old...an old 32-bit AMD Socket 7, about 1.8GHz single core, with 1.5GB RAM running Windows XP; and we're talking 200 MHz FSB here. I've never had anything take longer than 1 hour to rip to hard disk.

My two initial suspicions are:
          1. Scratched disk. I know most all blu-ray discs use that durabis compound to help protect against that but they're still not indestructible. Are there any visible scratches? If so, Try spraying some windex on it and wiping it clean and then try ripping again.

2. Is your drive IDE or SATA? Most blu-rays are SATA but on the off chance you have IDE, make sure it hasn't reverted back to PIO mode or some other crappy slow transfer rate.

Edit, just thought of another one...

3. What make and model is your drive? Some drives just aren't worth a damn. I use a Pioneer BDR-205.

Originally posted by tfatman View Post
          OK my PC isn't as powerful as some here but I think I may be doing something wrong...

Am riping my own copy of Sherlock Holmes to HD - just a straight rip no compression and just the main movie. I have been running for 2hrs 34mins and am only 60% through. Am ripping at under 1MB/s (0.97 to 0.99 to be precise). I have full licenced version of DVDFAB but am using the trial version of the BluRay to BluRay just to see how it works.

My PC setup is -
          Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
          6GB DDR2
          nVidia 8800GTS
          Win7 64bit

I can't check the options I have set within DVDFAB as I am still mid copy - but I've not changed them from the default afk.

Any ideas?
          Last edited by moonlight; 07-29-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Wow, the only time I can get a rip less than 30 min is when there is no compression involved. Usually, when there is any sort of compression, I'm looking at 4 hrs plus - I must seriously be doing something wrong. I have an Intel Core2 duo 3.2 GHz with 4GB RAM running Win7 64bit. I keep my system uncluttered with very little multitasking. Is there a setting I'm missing that can help me to get closer to some of these much shorter rip times using compression?

Comment

He's definitely not talking about compressing, just ripping. Compressing on a machine with a single-core 1.8GHz would take about 24 hours probably.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Correct, and I should have mentioned that in my initial reply. I like my rips free of all compression- I only rip, that's it. No compression thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Merx
                  Please turn off your caps lock. In a forum this is considered shouting.
                  Forgive for not being aware of caps problems ..

Comment

Working...
                  X