This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long for average blu ray rip to hd?

How long for blu ray to hd and how long for blu ray to wmv?

my computer specs are:

windows 7 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3
    LITE-ON 12X BD-R

Thanks for any answers/input.

my q6600 quad core @3.4 ghz

4 gb ram

10k rpm drives in raid 0

gtx295

does it in about 1:25

Comment

Ok cool thanks. Im new to all this so I had no idea what to expect.

Comment

well thats for compressing from anywhere from 24-50 gb down to 23 gb.

Comment

I have old P4 3.20GHz 1GB RAM

Takes about 35Mins. (Must be doing something right)

I use Blu-ray to Blu-ray, Movie Only and it makes M2TS files that are usually between 18-25GB in size. Avatar was a whopping 43GB.

How long is it taking you Haku78?
          Last edited by Gregavi; 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
            my q6600 quad core @3.4 ghz

4 gb ram

10k rpm drives in raid 0

gtx295

does it in about 1:25
            dude i have this exact setup cept for the gtx, goo raptors! haha do u use the gtx to help decode? or encode? does it help?

anyway to rip from a bd to hd it takes from 15 min (hangover) to 45 (lord of the rings part 3) thats the top and bottom ends, average is 25 to 30 min.

to compress a movie that is 24 gigs its 1.20 min, the damn lotr3 and avatar both took me 3.45. once again a good average is around 2 to 2.5 hours

Comment

I'D LIKE TO COMMENT ON MY SELF-BUILT BLU HTPC .. CPU-8400 (3GHZ) ,DDR2 PC8500 2GB, GT240 512 DDR5 & 7500 RPM HDD .. i NOTICED YOUR TIMES FOR BLU COPY TO BLANK BD-R .. gUYS , YOU DON'T SEEM MUCH FASTER .. IT GOT INTO MY HEAD TO SWITCH OUT CORE 2 DUO 8400 TO ( I CAN'T AFFORD ) CORE 2 QUAD 9650 .. GENTLEMEN , IS THE $325.00 CPU SWITCH WORTH THE MONEY ? MAYBE I'M WRONG .. LET ME KNOW . IF YOU WANT A COMPARISON BLU RIP FOR TIME , PICK SOMETHING .. STOP MAKINF SENSE & CHE ARE THE NEXT BLU's TO BURN .. (MAYBE 50GB TO 50GB OR 50GB TO 25GB W/ LITTLE COMPRESSION )

Comment

Merx
                Please turn off your caps lock. In a forum this is considered shouting.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
                  ... SWITCH OUT CORE 2 DUO 8400 TO ( I CAN'T AFFORD ) CORE 2 QUAD 9650 .. GENTLEMEN , IS THE $325.00 CPU SWITCH WORTH THE MONEY ?
                  Where did you get this price??? Check this out:
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Depends on the computer, depends on the size of the BD. In general though, for me, it has never taken me longer than 1 hour to rip a BD; it has also never taken me longer than 90 minutes to burn a BD.

Btw, that's burning at 2x, usually around 40-45GB.

Comment

Around 30-40 mins for me to rip the main title as an average.

Comment

OK my PC isn't as powerful as some here but I think I may be doing something wrong...

Am riping my own copy of Sherlock Holmes to HD - just a straight rip no compression and just the main movie. I have been running for 2hrs 34mins and am only 60% through. Am ripping at under 1MB/s (0.97 to 0.99 to be precise). I have full licenced version of DVDFAB but am using the trial version of the BluRay to BluRay just to see how it works.

My PC setup is -
                        Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
                        6GB DDR2
                        nVidia 8800GTS
                        Win7 64bit

I can't check the options I have set within DVDFAB as I am still mid copy - but I've not changed them from the default afk.

Any ideas?

Comment

That sounds about right for a machine of this calibre.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i am have that problem to tfatman but i copying mine i love beth cooper it stops at 30% i m just trying to copy the main movie this is my first time copy a blu ray movie i thought it might be because the disk is scratch but i dont have no scratches on the disk

Comment

mmm.... have just updated the nVidia drivers, set the temp and output locations on different drives and chosen not to remove the HD audio and am now getting 8.5MB/s - so should be online for completion in 45mins...

I should be following my own rules I guess and changing things one at a time so I could see what made the difference - but am guessing that the "remove HD audio" process is what was killing me.

Am due a complete HW refresh in October and gaming aside for this sort of thing would be good to get some feedback on whether I should get Phenom X6 for the cores or Intel i5 (the budget won't stretch to an i7). The GPU will be a GTX460 so am hoping the CUDA support will give me an additional boost.

Comment

Working...
                              X