This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I have tried to copy FOTR and TTT. Copy process completes successfully, but when I look at the stream it says 36gb or so but there is no video? When I click on properties it says 0kbps in the video tab. I tried another bluray disc and it works fine. What is going on here? I am ripping the movie only to my hard drive.

anybody? This is really strange. It takes about 30 minutes to complete the rip of Fellowship of the ring and when I look in my hard drive under the stream it says 36 gb but when I try to play it there is no video, is this because it is in VC-1 format, as opposed to AVC or MPEG. Other movies have worked fine, I don't get it. Has anybody else been successful in copying these titles (LOTR)

Comment

Originally posted by jayt View Post
      anybody? This is really strange. It takes about 30 minutes to complete the rip of Fellowship of the ring and when I look in my hard drive under the stream it says 36 gb but when I try to play it there is no video, is this because it is in VC-1 format, as opposed to AVC or MPEG. Other movies have worked fine, I don't get it. Has anybody else been successful in copying these titles (LOTR)
      I have burned all of the LOTR extended DVD set to my hard drive and it works perfectly fine. I even burned all of them on DVD-R Taiyo Yuden media with no problems. Post your burn log. Maybe I can help you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm not at my home pc to submit the logs. I just can't understand how it takes the time to complete the rip to my hard drive and the video is not there. I actually ripped the whole movie also and it played but there was no video just audio. Usually when I rip a movie to my hard drive I can see the thumbnail image with a scene on it in the stream folder. This thumbnail doesn't have an image on it and when I right click on the thumbnail it says 0kbps under the video tab and nothing under the audio tab. Usually it will have something like 27,000kbps. I put the stream in Multiavchd and it said it had video and audio, so I ran the process with bluray output selected and it finished with no errors, but I still can't play the stream. The only thing I haven't done is burn it to disc and see if it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by c0afanh View Post
          I have burned all of the LOTR extended DVD set to my hard drive and it works perfectly fine. I even burned all of them on DVD-R Taiyo Yuden media with no problems. Post your burn log. Maybe I can help you.
          I was actually talking about the BLURAY versions of LOTR, not the SD versions.

Comment

I was actually talking about the BLURAY versions of LOTR, not the SD versions.
            Does it work (for one movie only) if you encode FOTR immediately after restarting the PC?

If FOTR tests OK, then restart and encode TTT and then restart and encode ROTK.

I couldn't encode more than one in a row, on my rig, without problems (using FAB 7.0.6.7).

-Wapitikev
            Last edited by wapitikev; 07-23-2010, 01:39 AM.
            When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

I never got it to work correctly with any of the movies. It would complete the rip successfully, but when I looked at the stream there was no video on either of the movies. On a side note, when I tried to split FOTR at chapter 23 it was ripping at 18mbps but the percentage was creeping along at .01,.02,.03etc. If I ripped the movie only without splitting it moved normally. I just don't understand it.

Comment

I never got it to work correctly with any of the movies. It would complete the rip successfully, but when I looked at the stream there was no video on either of the movies. On a side note, when I tried to split FOTR at chapter 23 it was ripping at 18mbps but the percentage was creeping along at .01,.02,.03etc. If I ripped the movie only without splitting it moved normally. I just don't understand it.
                For some reason (huge m2ts files?) the LOTR Blu-discs and the Ice Age Blu-disc are huge resource hogs on my rig. They also encode FAR larger to disc than their estimate when I am making my settings (they come out at 11GB at 1280x720 instead of the 5GB that the program estimates).

All those BDs required a restart before and after they were encoded.

What size is your PC?

My PC for Blu-disc is Athlon 64 X2 2.8GHz with 4GB RAM on Windows XP.

I encode to MKV.h264.audiocopy using 1-pass at 150bits per pixel, No CUDA acceleration.
                Last edited by wapitikev; 07-23-2010, 08:27 PM.
                When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
                  For some reason (huge m2ts files?) the LOTR Blu-discs and the Ice Age Blu-disc are huge resource hogs on my rig. They also encode FAR larger to disc than their estimate when I am making my settings (they come out at 11GB at 1280x720 instead of the 5GB that the program estimates).

All those BDs required a restart before and after they were encoded.

What size is your PC?

My PC for Blu-disc is Athlon 64 X2 2.8GHz with 4GB RAM on Windows XP.

I encode to MKV.h264.audiocopy using 1-pass at 150bits per pixel, No CUDA acceleration.
                  I know my computer can handle the large files, don't have the specs in front of me. I have successfully burned several other bluray movies, so I think it's just these titles. I try and keep everything as original as possible, I really don't want to encode anything if I don't have to. My screen is 110 inches diagonal so i would probably notice if there was any compression.

Comment

What software player are you using?

Please try Media Player Classic Home Cinema or VLC and play the folder, not the stream. They can handle nearly everything and they are free and do not require installation of codec packs, etc.

Report back the resuts, please?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      What software player are you using?

Please try Media Player Classic Home Cinema or VLC and play the folder, not the stream. They can handle nearly everything and they are free and do not require installation of codec packs, etc.

Report back the resuts, please?
                      I do have MPCHC on my computer, I did not realize I had to play the folder, not the stream, I will try when I get home.

Just a quick question if I may about splitting the main movie. When I tried to split LOTR FOTR I split the movie at chapter 24 when it was ripping the speed was fine about 19mbps but the % was creeping at .01,.02,.03. When I changed the chapter to 20 it moved along fine.

Also when I rip the main movie to my hard drive is it already in bluray format so I can just burn the folder to disc and it will play on my stand alone player? Or do I need to drop it into tsmuxer and select bluray disc. Sorry if this is too many questions for one thread.

Comment

I honestly think the problem is that the LOTR bluray movies use VC-1 codec and I dont think my player will play that type of file. It's the only thing that makes sense. Does the Media player classic play VC-1 encoded bluray files. Also what folder do I click on to play the file?

Comment

when you rip it to your HDD, it should retain the original disk structure under the directory that you ripped to. It is a simple process to burn this, Use Fab's "write data" function or ImgBurn to do this directly. The is no need for intervening steps.

MPC should play VC-1.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            when you rip it to your HDD, it should retain the original disk structure under the directory that you ripped to. It is a simple process to burn this, Use Fab's "write data" function or ImgBurn to do this directly. The is no need for intervening steps.

MPC should play VC-1.
                            Thanks. I will try these movies again.

Comment

I know my computer can handle the large files, don't have the specs in front of me. I have successfully burned several other bluray movies, so I think it's just these titles. I try and keep everything as original as possible, I really don't want to encode anything if I don't have to. My screen is 110 inches diagonal so i would probably notice if there was any compression.
                              Hello, again, jayt. You are in Good hands with GregiBoy.

Just a brief note regarding encoding.

With a 180 inch display area, my projector produces no visible difference between my MKV encoded Blu-discs (1280x720, 1-pass, and 150bits/pixel) and the original disc.

I didn't realize that you were intending to burn the hard disk file back to disc. It is completely understandable that you would use the original format if that was the case (I now understand the desire to break the movie at or around chapter 23).

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Best of luck.

-Wapitikev

Comment

Working...
                              X