Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the Full Disc shrink to BD25 and seemed to play well on my fat boy PS3 and kept the HD audio intact. I used DVDFab 7.0.8.2 (I think) and ImgBurn (I just ran the default settings on ImgBurn). Try the Full Disc instead of Main Movie. It may give lower quality, but may not cause the PS3 to freak out. It worked with my Crank BD. I'll try to verify with District 9 when I get home and post the settings when I can.

Comment

Playstation 3 'clunks' twice and then nothing

So I tried doing a full disc copy of District 9 today based on the suggestion from Viros, with compression to a Memorex BD-25 disc. As before, it plays fine on my PC, but the PS3 "clunks" twice and then does nothing. I found another post from 8/2/10 with this same problem, but there have been no comments since the OP. I should mention that the original bluray disc is recognized immediately by the PS3 and does not "clunk". I also have this problem with Boondock Saints II, but I am only posting my logs for District 9. The entire process seems to run fine with no errors, although there are some warnings in the dvdfab_internal log.

Any advice on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Average Write Rate: 53,250 KB/s (11.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 84,847 KB/s (18.9x)
        Try slowing your burn speed down to 2x-4x, you'll make less coasters.

Comment

I always do Main Movie only, with just one audio track.

You'll save space and video quality with less compression.

Use Imgburn independantly from dvdfab...I know they should work together properly in conjunction with each other, but Ive read many people with issues...

I use Imgburn by itself and simply drag and drop the BDMV & Ceritficate folder into Imgburn. (Certificate folder is mandatory for BD-R playback in a standalone/PS3)

Burn slow...

Should work fine.
          Last edited by crackinhedz; 08-05-2010, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I have the same issue as ChEDoc. I get that *clunk* sound when I put a movie in. I tried burning Batman Red Hood (downloaded online with AnyDVD files already added) to a BD25. I also tried just burning the .mt2s file of Fantastic Mr. Fox to a BD25. Both times ImgBurn was used using 4X burn on RIdata discs. Both times I get that clunk sound on my PS3 (bios 3.41) and an older PS3. Also both discs work fine on other bluray players and PCs.

Does anyone have ideas as to why PS3s dont see these discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterbisk View Post
              I tried burning Batman Red Hood (downloaded online with AnyDVD files already added) to a BD25. I also tried just burning the .mt2s file of Fantastic Mr. Fox to a BD25.
              Not sure what file type your Batman movie is in, but trying to burn an .m2ts file to a bd-r is not in bluray specs...it needs to be as an .iso or contain BDMV & Certificate folders.

Perhaps as a "data" disc, the PS3 might be able to read the .m2ts file (even then playback might be sketchy), but not if you're trying to burn as BD-R UDF 2.50

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterbisk View Post
                . I tried burning Batman Red Hood (downloaded online with AnyDVD files already added) to a BD25.
                Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=122
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I thought I would update since it has been a while. My problem was due to the firmware that came with my BD burner, the LiteOn iHBS112, firmware version CL04. When I upgraded to version CL08, my first burn was successfully played by the PS3. Unfortunately, the playback was extremely jittery on the PS3, but not on my PC (using PowerDVD 9).

Comment

Working...
                  X