Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: The pixelation can be caused by a variety of things. If playing from disk, the usual cause is burning too fast. If playing from a converted file, the usual cause is the GPU acceleration of the card.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@ CC-Rider

First of all, I have a little news for you. Believe it or not, but proven fact is that GregiBoy practically always right. I would suggest to listen to what he's saying with bit closer attention.

Second, pixellation usually caused by intervention of some sort during video conversion. It could be background program (AV, Task Manager, screensaver, etc. These are particularly harmful), or maybe you were surfing web, or you decided to send email to your girfriend, or otherwise multitasked computer... and if coincidently, it happened during one of the B-frames decoding, you've got it, pixellation is guaranteed.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally Posted by maineman
        For the price, I'd recommend the Argosy HV335T. I bought mine a few months ago at Amazon.com for about $89 and never looked back.
        A little gem of a player and very versatile...will play just about any file type thrown at it, including .mkv and .iso.
        Here is the media Player Maineman is referring to http://www.amazon.com/Argosy-HV335T-.../dp/B00362YGWM

GregiBoy
        All I hear out of you is Media Players , so in the next week or so I think I am going to be jumping on board mate (so clear the deck), as soon as I get this whole converting thing down
        I am using the trial right now testing and going to be purchasing the DVD to Mobile soon.
        Thanks for all your help GregiBoy, (I am thanking you now, as i know I will be calling on you when I get stuck)
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for posting the reference and the link CBR929.
          GregiBoy asked me to post my 2 cents.
          I can't say enough good stuff about the Argosy HV335T. It'll play just about anything including .mkv and .iso and it is nothing short of outstanding to have 100's of flicks accessible with 1 remote and all the while my arse is comfortably perched on a comfy chair...lol

The cons so far...
          I wish the menu had a page up or page down...some way to expedite finding a flick without having to scroll through literally 100's of titles on the menu.

GregiBoy told me to create subfolders for the various genres.
          Said that even an old fart like me could do it.
          True, but this would entail some serious effort and I'm lazy.
          Some flicks can be easily and neatly catalogued, other not so.
          Yeah, I'm lazy.

The HV335T does not handle Dolby TrueHD audio.
          I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to Blu-ray.
          The easy way for me to play my BD flicks is simply rip to an .Iso and tick Remove HD audio. They playback flawlessly,
          but then again I don't have a home theater system to take advantage of the HD audio.

I have also used .mkv conversion with good results, I still haven't mastered the technique of handling the subtitles.
          I wish to keep them, but it's a PITA and involves the use of 3rd party software.
          Again, I plead laziness and frankly, I can't seem to find the time.
          Nevertheless, many thanks to Ipopov for his tutelage in this regard.
          I kept all his notes and I wouldn't know where to begin without them.

All in all, it's hard to go wrong for $89.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

No problems CBR. Will be only too glad to help.

Don't forget, I don't do BR sh1t, only DVD. Ipopov is the MAN on the BluRay side.

Also, have a read of my "Best practice: DVD to Mobile" thread if you haven't already as I think I covered most things there, although I have really taken up on the MKV container because I can do so much more with it.

So make sure that the player supports MKV's.

I'm into my 8th year of using these devices and I am now very discerning on the features that they have available.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Here is the media Player Maineman is referring to http://www.amazon.com/Argosy-HV335T-.../dp/B00362YGWM

GregiBoy
            All I hear out of you is Media Players , so in the next week or so I think I am going to be jumping on board mate (so clear the deck), as soon as I get this whole converting thing down
            I am using the trial right now testing and going to be purchasing the DVD to Mobile soon.
            Thanks for all your help GregiBoy, (I am thanking you now, as i know I will be calling on you when I get stuck)
            CBR929
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm game, I'll give the HV335T a try, should be in next week some time... I'll try converting the movies with pixellation again.... Still would like to understand the media rights problem better, I can convert to PS3 format and some movies have media rights missing, convert the same movie to AVI or some other format and part of the time the problem goes away ???

Comment

Working...
              X