Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Free HD Decrypter

First time posting so bare with me.

I've been using DVDFab for awhile, and like many who have posted, ran into the problem where the free portion of BD Copy expired, despite not actually using that part of the software.

In fact I was under the assumption that I was using the free part of the program (but this is a separate problem for another post).

I updated to the latest beta after hearing that the above problem was fixed, but have now run into a different one.

My problem is that now when I try to rip a disc to make HD backups, I am first notified via a pop-up dialog that my copy of "BD Copy" has expired and will be using "HD Decrypter." Fine, that's what I was trying to use all along. I hit "OK" and then "Start." Immediately after hitting "Start," the process finishes and says its done ripping. No actually ripping has occurred.

Does the HD Decrypter free version still rip BD's to disk? And how can I get this working again?

You have 30 days free trial for program after 30 days the Free HD Decryptor kicks in so if you thought you was using the Free HD Decryptor for the Blu-ray Copy you are mistaken.

As for your problem we need you to post log files which located in document-dvdfab-log. Once those posted then someone might be able to help you

Comment

Alright, I can try and post some logs.

As for 30day free trial. I was under the impression that I did not have to use the 30day trial, I could simply select the Free HD Decryptor option from the start, and never use the 30day trial. I guess this isn't how it works?

The below code is from the internal log. My process to start a HDD rip:
      1. Start DVDFab
      2. Select "HD Decrypter" as the key to use
      3. Selected "BD Copy" to rip to HDD
      4. Let DVDFab scan the disc
      5. Clicked start
      6. Window pops notifying my BD Copy has expired and will now use HD Decryptor instead
      7. Within approximately 4 seconds since starting, the rip is complete with nothing actually ripped. The completion sound chime is played as well.

Code:
      DVDFab 8.0.1.5 (2010/09/24  16:35:58)

0m 00.21s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
       0m 09.15s: detected blu-ray
       0m 09.15s: drive E
       0m 09.15s: blu-ray type 1
       0m 09.15s: volume label TOY_STORY_2_USA
       0m 11.96s: root 8CC56BEAD7C8D8F3_VOLUME_SET_ID:TOY_STORY_2_USA:TOY_STORY_2_USA:TOY_STORY_2_USA
       0m 13.05s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
       0m 13.94s: got discinfo
       0m 14.10s: got bdmv
       0m 14.10s: got agid 0
       0m 14.13s: sent host cert chal
       0m 14.13s: got drive cert chal
       0m 14.16s: got drive key
       0m 14.16s: got host key signature
       0m 14.18s: verified drive signature
       0m 14.18s: verified host signature
       0m 14.21s: sent host signature and key point
       0m 14.21s: got bus key
       0m 14.21s: got volume id
       0m 14.22s: got volume id mac
       0m 14.22s: volume id is correct
       0m 14.22s: got vid
       0m 14.29s: blu-ray AF86BBEC492ECE8D624993F49E3EEACA366615FC
       0m 14.78s: D B8EFD067
       0m 14.78s: got vuk
       0m 14.83s: got unit key 7
       0m 55.19s: got extended bdinfo
      Last edited by joshuass; 09-24-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Just so you know the free version does not have all the latest BD+ protection removal that the paid version has. Also I think Toy Story and Toy Story 2 has new BD+ protection which could be why the free version not work. Just tried my Toy Story 2 Blu-ray and I canceled it after 10 minutes so you may want to read what is in the link below

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter

Comment

Originally posted by joshuass View Post
          As for 30day free trial. I was under the impression that I did not have to use the 30day trial, I could simply select the Free HD Decryptor option from the start, and never use the 30day trial. I guess this isn't how it works?
          No that's not how it works.
          Whatever module you try, this starts the 30-day-free-trial clock, but this does not carry over to the others.

For eg., when you start Blu-ray Copy, you will have full functionality x 30 days, there's no way to start with the freeware.
          Now, let's say the 30 day trial expires and you revert to freeware.
          You should still be able to trial other modules, say DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper and this should have full functionality for 30 days

This actually creates problems for the mods. We can't access the freeware version unless we do something like...use another rig, not activate the product and then advance the rig's date/time so that the freeware expires
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Just so you know the free version does not have all the latest BD+ protection removal that the paid version has. Also I think Toy Story and Toy Story 2 has new BD+ protection which could be why the free version not work. Just tried my Toy Story 2 Blu-ray and I canceled it after 10 minutes so you may want to read what is in the link below

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter
            AGJ if log is closely examined it is protected by AACS only. There is no BD+ present on disc.

0m 13.05s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
            If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Good to know about how the trial works.

As for my issue though, it sounds like I should be able to rip, judging from Hawk's response?

I am also aware of the differences between the versions. I check out stickied posts for all my software forum questsions first. In this case, I didn't post a log because it seemed pretty bare of anything useful for my problem. So that was my bad

Comment

Give the latest Beta release a try might work with that one. Link below for that

I would say I would give my BD of this movie a try with the free version but the computer I have the free version installed on does not have a BD drive

Comment

I'm having the same problem trying to copy Iron Man 2 Blu-Ray using the latest beta. I get the message that the system will use HD Decrypter, starts the copying and says "Process Completed Successfully" after 1 second. The folder it creates is empty. The log ends with the same line as above:

DVDFab 8.0.1.7 (2010/09/29 15:32:51)

0m 00.51s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                  0m 02.79s: detected blu-ray
                  0m 02.79s: drive D
                  0m 02.79s: blu-ray type 1
                  0m 02.79s: volume label IRON_MAN_2_D1_AC
                  0m 03.65s: root 8CCF745667B5E447_VOLUME_SET_ID:IRON_MAN_2_D1_AC:IR ON_MAN_2_D1_AC:IRON_MAN_2_D1_AC
                  0m 04.75s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
                  0m 06.10s: got discinfo
                  0m 06.27s: got bdmv
                  0m 06.27s: got agid 0
                  0m 06.28s: sent host cert chal
                  0m 06.28s: got drive cert chal
                  0m 06.33s: got drive key
                  0m 06.33s: got host key signature
                  0m 06.33s: verified drive signature
                  0m 06.33s: verified host signature
                  0m 06.36s: sent host signature and key point
                  0m 06.36s: got bus key
                  0m 06.36s: got volume id
                  0m 06.36s: got volume id mac
                  0m 06.38s: volume id is correct
                  0m 06.38s: got vid
                  0m 06.44s: blu-ray 4F74C560FE333D529555245D5256641E569D82E4
                  0m 06.98s: D 93248E3C
                  0m 06.98s: got vuk
                  0m 07.05s: got unit key 7
                  0m 41.09s: got extended bdinfo

What's weird is if I try to copy a Blu-Ray that I already made a copy of using an older version, the same thing happens - empty folder.
                  Any other ideas?
                  Thanks,
                  John

Comment

Just tried 8.0.1.7 beta and it's the same story as the other versions.

The rip instantly completes with nothing copied to the HDD.

Like John, I also tried a couple of previously backed-up Blurays and get the same result.

Not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts?

EDIT:

I just saw there's a new official version now. I'm gonna go try that one next.

EDIT 2:
                    Just tried with 8.0.2.2 and the outcome is the same. HDD transfer completes immediately with nothing copied.
                    Last edited by joshuass; 10-03-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Is there a way I can possibly reset the trial on Blu-ray Copy? Its the only one of the 30day trials I've used. Because it seems like the HD Decrypter free version and the Blu-ray copy functions are linked. Is this true?

All I'm looking to do is rip my Blu-rays to the hard drive so I can make MKV versions of them for storage on my file server. That way, I keep my blu-rays in storage as archival copies.

Comment

Only way to reset it is to buy it.

You have had 30 days to try it already.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My good friend GregiBoy is exactly right.
                          Just to be clear, the other "non-used" modules (eg., Blu-ray Ripper) will still be available to trial,
                          but you cannot reuse/reset a module that has run its 30-day trial period

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

My question about resetting was directed more towards trying to get the free decrypter to work, not to simply reset it for the sake of not paying.

I guess I find it odd that no one else has reported an issue like mine yet. Makes me wonder if a previous installed version didn't uninstall cleanly.

I'll try to reinstall again.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuass View Post
                              My question about resetting was directed more towards trying to get the free decrypter to work, not to simply reset it for the sake of not paying.

I guess I find it odd that no one else has reported an issue like mine yet. Makes me wonder if a previous installed version didn't uninstall cleanly.

I'll try to reinstall again.
                              Actually, there have been a number of similar issues posted by users....ie., unable to access the freeware.
                              This issue is not consistent among users, but has been reported.

If you use the search option, these threads sholuld be available to you.
                              For eg.,

As I said previously in this thread,
                              "This actually creates problems for the mods. We can't access the freeware version unless we do something like...use another rig, not activate the product and then advance the rig's date/time so that the freeware expires."

I've run the freeware version of DVD Copy on my old XP rig, but I do not have any BD hardware on it, so I'm unable to test the BD Copy module.

At this point, I guess, I'd recommend uninstalling the program...use the Fab uninstaller.
                              If still no go, uninstall again and use CCleaner and if it were me, I'd go ahead and clean the registry with CCleaner; just be careful.
                              I've never had a problem with CCleaner, but you never know...back up the registry. You'll receive a prompt for this option....

Comment

Working...
                              X