• Time
  • Show
Clear All

maineman,

Thanks for your posts.

Last night I did the following:
    1. Uninstalled DVDFab using the uninstaller
    2. Restarted the computer
    3. Used regscanner (freeware tool) to scan my registry for DVDFab related keys and deleted them.
    4. Restarted the computer
    5. Reinstalled 8.0.2.2
    6. Rebooted
    7. Tried to do a bluray copy to the hard drive (using HD Decrypter). Was hit with a notice that since Bluray-Copy expired, I would be using HD Decrypter. The process completed instantly with nothing copied.

I will try again with CCleaner next.

This actually creates problems for the mods. We can't access the freeware version unless we do something like...use another rig, not activate the product and then advance the rig's date/time so that the freeware expires.
    I actually wasn't sure what you meant by this statement. Do you mean moderators or the individual dvdfab modules?

Another related question: When first starting DVDFab, you are prompted with a screen that contains a table of the modules. What is the purpose of the table? Is it merely to inform you of the modules and their statuses on your computer? Or does selecting one actually do something? As far as I can tell, selecting one has no affect on running the actual program. Selecting one only updates the information boxes in the splash screen. Is this accurate?

Comment

As I was expecting, no luck with using CCleaner.

I'm pretty much out of ideas on how to make this work. Reinstalling does nothing, which leads me to believe that the HD Decrypter is not running because it still caught up on the Bluray-Copy module being expired. This is the reason I even brought up resetting the trial period.

I have no idea how to correct this behavior on my end. Perhaps its a bug? I don't really know.

Comment

I just did some checking. Turns out the blurays I've tried may all have been encrypted with a version not supported by the free module.

Basically, there may not have been a problem at all.

Sorry for taking up everyone's valuable time. And I really appreciate you guys for offering suggestions.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuass View Post
          I just did some checking. Turns out the blurays I've tried may all have been encrypted with a version not supported by the free module.

Sorry for taking up everyone's valuable time. And I really appreciate you guys for offering suggestions.

Thanks.
          That what I was thinking and even said something about that in post #4 but the Blu-ray did not have BD+ protection

Comment

Thanks.
            Like AGJ, I wondered about BD+ issues as well, but that became a moot point with Toy Story 2.

Re: the statement:
            "This actually creates problems for the mods. We can't access the freeware version unless we do something like...use another rig, not activate the product and then advance the rig's date/time so that the freeware expires."

Sorry, I thought I explained this in a previous post.

I mean, anyone who owns a retail version (purchased) of Blu-ray Copy, cannot access the freeware version.
            This is true of all the other modules as well.

You would have to do something like the following:
            Install Blu-ray Copy on another pc and not activate the product.
            Then you would have to start the trial, and either wait 31 days or advance the time/date to force expiration of the software trail period.
            At this point, you would revert to the freeware version.

I was able to do this on my old XP Pro rig, but I do not have any BD capability, only standard dvd, which work fine.

I'm still suspicious of screwy behavior of the freeware version.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              I was able to do this on my old XP Pro rig, but I do not have any BD capability, only standard dvd, which work fine.

I'm still suspicious of screwy behavior of the freeware version.
              I don't want to step on toes or get anyone mad at me but.......... it can't be that hard to install your bluray drive in that machine now and then for some testing when needed?

Not just you Tom as i know you are moving? but maybe one of the other mods or fine folks (members) here.

I don't have a bluray drive but if someone wants to donate one to me i'll give it a go
              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Another related question: When first starting DVDFab, you are prompted with a screen that contains a table of the modules. What is the purpose of the table? Is it merely to inform you of the modules and their statuses on your computer?
                Yup, you got it....just info.
                Tick on the don't show again box.
                You can always access this screen by clicking on the ? mark icon and selecting About

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                  I don't want to step on toes or get anyone mad at me but.......... it can't be that hard to install your bluray drive in that machine now and then for some testing when needed?

Not just you Tom as i know you are moving? but maybe one of the other mods or fine folks (members) here.

I don't have a bluray drive but if someone wants to donate one to me i'll give it a go
                  Gee Bob, that might take me 5-10 minutes...lol

Yeah, no problem. I'm well beyond getting upset because someone points out I'm lazy... it's just a PITA.
                  Remember the good, old days when we could all run the freeware version.
                  I really wish Fengtao still had it set up the old way.

Some folks are having trouble with DVD Copy freeware too, but this module worked ok for me, but I agree, one of us should try it with Blu-ray

Comment

The problem is the time it takes to configure a machine to exactly match whatever the poster is using, the exact combination of expired trials or licenses (and then get it back to a usable configuration afterwards). And how could you ever be sure that you have duplicated what this user is seeing? They now have the staff and facilities to do this in Beijing, I think it is a lot to ask of a volunteer moderator.

In this particular case a reminder that the free version of BD Copy not only does not do all BD+ discs but also does not decrypt (last I heard) anything beyond MKB10, which could include many of what are now considered to be older discs.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                      Gee Bob, that might take me 5-10 minutes...lol

Yeah, no problem. I'm well beyond getting upset because someone points out I'm lazy... it's just a PITA.
                      Remember the good, old days when we could all run the freeware version.
                      I really wish Fengtao still had it set up the old way.

Some folks are having trouble with DVD Copy freeware too, but this module worked ok for me, but I agree, one of us should try it with Blu-ray
                      lol ya i remember and if it's PITA don't go it lol

Some days i wish i had a bluray to mess with but i don't have a set top player to play them on either

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        The problem is the time it takes to configure a machine to exactly match whatever the poster is using, the exact combination of expired trials or licenses (and then get it back to a usable configuration afterwards). And how could you ever be sure that you have duplicated what this user is seeing? They now have the staff and facilities to do this in Beijing, I think it is a lot to ask of a volunteer moderator.

In this particular case a reminder that the free version of BD Copy not only does not do all BD+ but also does not decrypt (last I heard) anything beyond MKB10, which could include many of what are now considered to be older discs.
                        That's what i was wondering, if the bluray is part of the free version when it has expired.........if it is not then that should be the way these threads should be answered?

I'll get outta here and mind my own business lol have a good one Paul

Comment

We will check this issue asap.
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                            We will check this issue asap.
                            Thanks, always appreciate your support

Comment

A limited version of BD Copy is included in the free version.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Is there any difference in free HD decrypter and Bluray copy other than latter gives you option to burn and clone which I don't need? I saw old thread saying HD decrypter had some limitations regarding MKB-support but does this apply anymore?

I'm trying to find out is there anything I would gain by getting registered version because so far it seems like free version does all I need. I've been waiting for split function but I got no confirmation is it going to be included in Bluray copy license or do you have to pay extra for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X