8.0.2.2 Ironman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Are you playing the 50G image and the 25G compressed version on the same device? PC or standalone player for the 25G?
    I've played back both the cloned 50G and the compressed 25G versions on the same PC. The 50G plays fine, the 25G jerks, pauses, and is out of sync at times. Same results when I burn the 25G and play it on a standalone device. Same results for both the 50G and 25G when played on different computers. Unable to burn the 50G, but I would think the 50G would play fine.

Comment

I have created a Clone ISO using 8.0.2.2 and also did a Main Movie copy to my hard drive and created ISO from there and both have 'the jitters'. As I did the Main Movie copy to disk I notice the multiple m2ts files being created and wondered if at these file breaks is where the jitter comes from. I also notice that each file is different in size and that could suggest why I observe the jitter to be inconsistent in amount of time between each jitter. Are these jitters more noticeable on a slower playback device like a BR player rather than a high powered PC? I am using a set top box device for playback and I.M. 2 and Bolt, have been the only ones with this problem. Both of which had this multiple file format.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
        The full disc copy to .iso on the hard drive was fine. Movie only to BD25 using 8.0.0.5 had the jitters. Robin Hood was the same. I then tried 6.2.1.8 and the jitters disappeared from both movies. I have no internal logs as i'm on a different computer, but i'm sure others can forward the info, as lots have the same problem.
        Same here, a BD25 from 6.2.1.8 seems to work on a BD50 clone or BD50 full copy, copied to the hard drive using 8.0.2.2.

But a BD25 compressed from 8.0.0.5 to 8.0.2.2 has the issues many have reported.

Comment

Originally posted by nycoppia View Post
          Same here, a BD25 from 6.2.1.8 seems to work on a BD50 clone or BD50 full copy, copied to the hard drive using 8.0.2.2.

But a BD25 compressed from 8.0.0.5 to 8.0.2.2 has the issues many have reported.
          6.2.1.8 was a no go as well. Seeing the same issues as I'm seeing with 8.0.2.2, jitters and such.

Comment

I have also tried everyones suggestions and all have failed. Have trashed about 10 bd's. I know I should have used an re but didnt. Will wait for a fix.

Comment

I am having the same problems as everyone else, particularly with Robin Hood and Iron Man 2. I was able to backup Iron Man 2 with the last beta version, but the new version 8.0.2.2 is giving me the error task_1 failed! error 1000(500.00 259) when converting the 50GB image from the hard drive to a 25GB image on my secondary hard drive at 99%. This is making me pull my hair out!!!

One thing I've noticed is that Iron Man 2 and Robin Hood consist of many video files - 1 for each chapter. Some Blu-ray discs, such as Serenity, only create one video file. When I backup Blu-ray discs with one video file, they play back flawlessly on PS3 and standalones. When I backup Blu-ray discs that have multiple video files, such as Robin Hood and Iron Man 2, there is a freeze / skip / stutter at each chapter stop where the video files are "merged together" during playback. These discs play back on my PS3 (with the chapter "freezes") but often lock up or skip ahead on my LG standalone player.

I burned four copies of Robin Hood using different techniques, different burning engines (vso vs. imgburn) and followed all of the advice I was given in these forums. Same thing each time - successful copy to hard drive, successful burn, but skips/freezes between each chapter.

This is becoming extremely irritating as I'm now afraid to burn any movies and waste my money on Blu-ray discs. Yes, I know I should test on re-writable media, but why the heck can't this just work without having to try a hundred different tweaks? Clearly, DVDFab is not able to stitch together video files seamlessly when it decodes and burns. There is obviously some issue in the decoding/encoding process that is impacting many, many people.

Some of you are having success using different / older versions of DVDFab - going all the way back to version 6. I don't see this as a solution since I like using the most recent version of the software and feel the onus is on the Developers to fix these issues.

I really do hope this problem gets the attention it deserves. If DVDFab continues to create images / backups of Blu-rays that skip at each chapter stop when decoding movies with multiple video files, this program becomes completely useless.

Hope this can be resolved soon. I really hope DVDFab evolves into a program that can backup Blu-rays on first try without having to tweak settings for each individual title. I never had these types of problems backing up DVDs when using xxxxxx with xxxxxxxx.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sinister View Post
                and i forgot to mention, i did watch the movie a liitle bit more at the beginning of the movie, also when ironman jumps out of the plane it jitters and the part were he raises his arms on the stage and also the dancers jitter also just to let you know...
                sinister, thats not fab, thats your system

Comment

How when every copy jitter at the same spot, and no other dvd burned has the problems, this program needs to be updated the burning is were the problem is, so waiting for a update
                  Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
                  OCZ 2 gig memery
                  nvidia 9800gtx+
                  Windows 7 ultimate
                  >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

Originally posted by LILMICK42 View Post
                    sinister, thats not fab, thats your system
                    @LILMICK42 - it is not his system. Many of us are having the same problem. This is obviously an issue with how DVDFab is handling multiple video files when decoding and burning. The program creates a skip on Robin Hood and Iron Man 2 at the end/beginning of each chapter.

I really wish DVDFab would issue an official statement taking responsibility for this issue and admitting there is a problem. Unfortunately they continue to let their users burn coasters and act as guinea pigs for software that should have remained in Beta release until this issue was resolved.

Personally, I refuse to backup any additional Blu-ray discs until I am 100% certain that the skipping issue is fixed with Blu-rays consisting of multiple video files. Let DVDFab turn their own Blu-ray supply into coasters. I will monitor the forums and wait until an update is released and other DVDFab users are successful backing up these two films.

Comment

For all of you burning coasters why don't you either preview the output before you burn it or by some BD-RE media that will keep you from burning useless coaster Just a thought

Comment

I also have the same problem. I have ATI cards so I'm using the software option. Im using FAB 8.0.1.7. I actually ripped the full movie with [other software] and have previewed that rip, which is flawless. I'm also trying the "movie only" option and writing to a BD-25. Most of the stutters I find are when the movie would cut away to the extra scenes that describe Iron Man's guns, jets, and whatnot. Of course I'm not writing this stuff into my backup. but the problems seem to remain at these exact moments. For example, the final scene when he's fighting the drones in the park, there are several stutters there that are timed at the exact moments that the extra scenes would chime in.
                        Last edited by Complication; 10-07-2010, 02:14 PM. Reason: removed non-allowed software references

Comment

Just out of curiosity. Has anyone tried a 1:1 backup of this movie on a 50gb DL?

Comment

yes,I did make full copy BD50. Decripted and burned ok, but it refuses to play on my PS 3. Never had problem before, and movie copy on BD25 stutters on each chapter change.

Comment

Working...
                            X