Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to: Movie + Menu?

dear community

is there a way to copy a blu-ray disk without having all the bonus-stuff?

i only want the main movie and the menu, no bonus scenes, deleted scenes or stuff like stat.

i don´t want any compression, just 100% quality copy.

(how) is that possible?

its an option called:

"Main Movie"

...No point in having a menu...

then you can select a single audio track and subtitles if necessary.

Set output to BD50 for no compression.

Comment

Hi Schildkr?te,

If the main movie and the menu are in different title, you need use Main Movie to copy each title one by one, since with Main Movie mode you can copy just one title each time. We are working on the "Customize" mode which works like DVD Copy-Customize, you can keep all the content of the BD DVD, or just keep favorite titles. Thanks for your patience in advance.

Kind regards,
      sunny
      ________
      UGGS
      Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
        If the main movie and the menu are in different title, you need use Main Movie to copy each title one by one
        dear sunny,

do you mean that i have to burn the main movie and the menu seperately to one disc?
        or is there a way to cope both the main movie and the menu to the hdd and burn both of them afterwards?

Comment

As crackinhedz stated, there is no point in having the menu if you simply have just the main title; there's nothing to select except the movie.

Sunny is saying that this is not possible, yet.
          The Beijing team is working on a Customize mode (same as DVD Copy) which will enable the user to modify the contents of the disc
          (choose only those titles you wish to copy) and on playback, select menu options respectively.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ok that you so far.
            i´m looking forward for the new version which this "customize"-mode.

i got another question @blu-ray copy:
            when choosing ps3 (mpg4) as output-file, will there be any compression or will it be 100% quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Schildkröte View Post
              i got another question @blu-ray copy:
              when choosing ps3 (mpg4) as output-file, will there be any compression or will it be 100% quality?
              You will get compression

Originally posted by Schildkröte
              hi there,

i got another question (beside my unanswered question above):
              using blu-ray copy -> main movie ->BD50 extractes the main movie in many files, just like auxdata, backup, bdjo etc.
              how can i create mkv-files now?
              to split them with mkv2vob afterwords to make it playable @ ps3.

looking forward to your help
              Use DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper to get them to MKV

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                Use DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper to get them to MKV
                and will this be without compression?
                and is there a way for dvdfab to automatically split the mkv in fat32-suitable party (4gb) while creating the mkv?
                or does this take a seperat step?

choosing the profile, what´s the difference between "mkv.remux", "mkv.h264.audiocopy" and "mkv.h264.ac3?

thanks so far!
                Last edited by Schildkröte; 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Schildkr?te,

split the mkv in fat32-suitable party (4gb) while creating the mkv?
                  After you select the main title, open "Title start/end settings", select the chapter range like "1~9" to convert mkv file, then relaunch DVDFab, choose the same main title, open "Title start/end settings", select the chapter range like "11~19" to convert the latter part.

Or click on Edit button to open Conversion settings window, set "split" as "split by chapter" before you start the conversion process.

"mkv.remux", choosing this profile, you will convert without compression.
                  "mkv.h264.audiocopy" with this profile, you will get mkv(h264 + source audio) file
                  and "mkv.h264.ac3" profile is used to creat mkv(h264 + ac3) file, you will get ac3 audio for output.

hope this helps.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact.

Sincerely,
                  --
                  Sunny
                  ________
                  Vaaapp
                  Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the PS3 has been updated to accept MKV files. M2TS output should work.

However, you should be aware that the PS3 will not play VC-1 encoded video, HD audio, or DTS audio from a file (from disk or streamed). This is an artificial limitation by Sony and the PS3 is perfectly able to play these from a disc.

The PS3 output mode may be your simplest bet for now even though you will loose a little quality (and you may not be able to tell). Simply crank the bitrate to the highest value. Make the destination your FAT32 hard drive and I believe DVDFab will automatically respect the 4G limit.

Comment

thx for your help so far.

creating mkv´s and splitting them to fat32-suitable parts via mkv2vob ist pretty working for me because there won´t be any loss of quality.

but i got 2 other questions:

1) creating a mkv-file out of an iso of bd-folder will always create 3 files: the mkv-file, a subtitle-file and another file.
                      for those who work with mkv2vob: how can i get the subs into the movie while splitting the mkv - so that the fat32-suitable parts will be with subs?
                      normaly mkv2vob has a checkbos "load subs from file" but @ prince of persia (for example) the subs won´t be loaded in. what do i do wrong? is there a way to directly have the subs in the mkv-file without creating a seperate subtitle-file?

2) yes, the ps3 can´t play vc1
                      is there a way to create mkvs with avc-codec out of an vc1-coded movie? or is there another way to split and redecode vc1 to a container, which ps3 can play? but it should be at 100% quality, since i´m a little perfectionist

looking forward to your help

Comment

hu?

any help would be great

Comment

You are obviously looking to burn subtitles into the video and this is a complicated enough process for DVD files let alone Blu-ray files. I speak from experience and I understand about being a perfectionist as I am, too. However, the tedious and time-consuming work you're spending on merely playing segmented HD files through your PS3 is truly better spent on either burning them to a blu-ray disc and/or subscribing to a service such as Netflix that gives you many movies streamed in HD content for a small fee each month with so much less hassle.

I have many movies in DVD quality on two 1 TB HDDs which I play through the PS3, but I only resort this when Netflix doesn't have streaming available for that title. I don't mean to thwart your efforts but nothing beats the convenience of merely sitting down and after a few presses of a button, you're watching your favorite series. I understand the quality won't be as fantastic as blu-ray but considering the cost and time-factor, there is nothing that currently beats it. I think you're going to have get used to burning those movies to BD-R if you're truly a perfectionist because no matter what you do to try and watch it through the PS3 in file form, you'll never be able to enjoy uncompressed HD audio with that method.
                          Last edited by SuperFist; 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                            burning them to a blu-ray disc
                            there are 2 facts that keep holding me from doing that:
                            1) i don´t own a bluray-burner
                            2) i don´t want to play disc jockey

I have many movies in DVD quality on two 1 TB HDDs
                            so do i, but with avchd -> no juggling with discs anymore.

you'll never be able to enjoy uncompressed HD audio with that method.
                            you´re right in this point but that is not so important for me because i only have my 5.1-system connected via jack cable since it originally was build for using it on pc (was i did in the past)

so i really need to know how to transcode vc-1 into avc

Comment

Originally posted by Schildkröte View Post
                              so i really need to know how to transcode vc-1 into avc
                              I will try to do some googling but if you discover a program that does this, please post back with your findings.

Comment

Working...
                              X