No announcement yet.

The Day After Tomorrow - Need Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean. I'm in the middle of compressing the full disc. When you mean mostly fixed did you mean what I described as uninstalling and easing the registry entries?

If not do you want me to stop the compression and do what you described above?

When you say use the Fab uninstaller do you mean from the Fab folder under applications or use the control panel? Does DVDFab have their own uninstall program.

Also when I tried to remove virtual drive from the registry entries there was one folder named DVDFABIO in several locations and I was unable to manually remove them.

Will the ccleaner program remove everything?

Please let me know what you want me to do at this point.

Comment

Hi CBR929, My drive is a combo drive. The Lite-on drive is a CD/DVD read/write drive as well as a blu-ray reader. The E drive is the DVDFab Virtual Drive. My Blu-ray writer is an external LG BE06LU10 USB drive.

I use the Lite-On drive to read the disc and create my ISO files and when I'm sure I have a good backup of the disc then I write to blank media using ImgBurn.

No I have never flashed my drive so unless you can tell me then I'm just going to leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
        Hi CBR929, My drive is a combo drive. The Lite-on drive is a CD/DVD read/write drive as well as a blu-ray reader. The E drive is the DVDFab Virtual Drive. My Blu-ray writer is an external LG BE06LU10 USB drive.

I use the Lite-On drive to read the disc and create my ISO files and when I'm sure I have a good backup of the disc then I write to blank media using ImgBurn.

No I have never flashed my drive so unless you can tell me then I'm just going to leave it alone.
        I was curious about your E:drive as I saw no reference to it in your burn log.
        I do not see any reference to your external either....have you ever tried to use your external for the process of reading and see if this may help?

We can leave the flash alone for now if you have never don it
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
          Not sure what you mean. I'm in the middle of compressing the full disc. When you mean mostly fixed did you mean what I described as uninstalling and easing the registry entries?

If not do you want me to stop the compression and do what you described above?

When you say use the Fab uninstaller do you mean from the Fab folder under applications or use the control panel? Does DVDFab have their own uninstall program.

Also when I tried to remove virtual drive from the registry entries there was one folder named DVDFABIO in several locations and I was unable to manually remove them.

Will the ccleaner program remove everything?

Please let me know what you want me to do at this point.
          At this point, do as little as possible since you are now back to being able to clone "Tomorrow", but with the same audio problem.
          Moreover, other discs do not seem to have this issue.
          Don't worry about not uninstalling the virtual drive, just leave it alone.

Did you remove the HD audio from the semi-successful clone?
          Are you currently compressing the files that contain the bogus audio?
          If yes, rationale for this?

No CCleaner will not delete "everything"...just leave the default settings for the Cleaner and the registry scan & fix
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi Guys,

Yes I used the external drive to read the disc but have not tried it in awhile.

Yes I just finished the compressed full disc ISO and the source file was the clone with the bogus audio. I'm just about to see if it will play.

Let you know in a minute

Comment

Ok well all of that didn't work. So I'm going to try installing an earlier verson and see where that gets me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I've been so distracted.
                I'm trying to coordinate my own, my wife's, my son's and my daughter's flights, truck rentals, moves, med schools, holiday plans and more flights, etc., etc...
                And now I'm cleaning the house for a showing tomorrow (hopefully I can sell this one in Maine) and then it's off to work.

Meanwhile, the "adult" children are out partying.
                I'm definitely too old for this crap.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

OK guys I need a little help. You say to make sure that I install the program as the Administrator.

When I look at User Accounts in Control Panel I am listed as an administrator but I think you want me to log on as a straight administrator.

I didn't install the OS the store did when I purchased this pc. So is there some default login?

Sorry to bother you

Comment

Maybe I missed it...
                    Does the video play ok?...it's just the audio?
                    Did you remove the HD audio?

Comment

No bother.
                      Download the Fab installer. Save it to your hdd, don't install, but rather close it.
                      Now, navigate to the saved location, right click on the installer....now you should have a dropdown and select run as administrator

//Edit
                      Be back in a few

Comment

Thank you for spending some much of your busy time trying to help you.

So now I just read your reply. I wish I had received it before I did what I did.

So seeing that I didn't understand what you meant I by downloading the installer this what I did was this.

I have saved all the different versions of DVDFab as they have been released to a directory on my HD. I printed off your instructions and so I installed ver 7.0.9.0. I went back that far because I was have jitter problems with Robbin Hood and Iron Man 2. For that problem I used ver 8.0.2.2 to clone the image and ver 7.0.9.0 to compress the Full Disc to and ISO file. This worked very well for me.

Unfortunately it did not work this time. I even used CBR929 suggestion and used my external BD-R write to read the disc.

Using both PowerDVD 10 and MPC I had the same issues as I did at the start of the thread. Black screen with PowerDVD 10 and Video OK but audio screwed up with MPC.

I'm not sure if you remember but earlier in this thread I mentioned that when using PowerDVD 10 there are 3 tabs at the top left conner of player.

When I try to play the ISO file and all I get is the black screen if I double click the Movie tab there is a drop down box showing the drive letters and the virtual drive letter is selected and shows the directory of the ISO file. Again at this point the movie is still not playing.

However the next tab over is called Video. When I double click on that tab the file structure of the ISO file is there and if I double click the first m2ts file the movie will play just as it should. Both Audio and Video are perfect.

That's what I don't understand. I don't even know it I could copy that file to disc.

Sorry for being so long winded.

As far as downloading the installer I don't know where to look. If you direct me and suggest what I should do now with the 2 version I have installed now. I have a feeling I will have to uninstall both versions and clean the registry again. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Thanks again

Comment

We don't officially recommend "other" download sites, but this site has been linked and utilized by many users here on the forum.
                          I've never seen a problem, but like I said, I can't guarantee anything.

If you prefer, I'd be happy to email you whatever version you wish....just send me a pm and includee your email.

Ultimately, what's your goal?
                          Main movie bkup disc?, full movie bkup disc?

I'm still not seeing this....again, sorry if I missed it.
                          Have you removed the HD audio successfully on any of your rips?
                          and if yes, is the audio still screwed up?

I'm stuck at work all weekend, but I'll pop in when I'm able...

Comment

Hi thanks again. Sorry I didn't get back to you had to get the boat put away for the winter. Anyway, my goal is I really don't care if it's the main movie or the whole disc.

Yes everytime I make a rip the HD is stripped and the iso file is completed perfectly. But it doesn't make any difference. Black screen with PowerDVD with Virtual Drive and with MPC I get the picture but the audio is screwed up.

Like I mentioned earlier once the 50GB iso or the compressed iso is played using the video tab in PowerDVD and you select the m2ts file the movie plays fine audio included.

So should I take a chance and burn a disc or do you have any other suggestions. I really don't want to make a coaster. You know how expensive blanks are.

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Hey just wanted to let you know how I made out. This is really strange.

So I uninstalled the 2 versions of DVDFab that I had on my HD and I also removed all the registry entries.

Then I did what you said and installed ver 8.0.2.2 as administrator. I figured out what you meant. After I installed it I realized that there was a new release ver 8.0.3.2. So I installed that over top again as an administrator.

So after all of that I went straight to Main Movie. I compressed the movie from 50GB to 25GB iso file with the HD removed. Low and behold the movie played back perfectly using PowerDVD 10 and Virtual Drive.

So I thought I would try the Full Disc option. Again everything was processed fine but when I played back the iso file I got the black screen again. Also when I tried the file using MPC the video was OK but the audio was screwed up again.

So I haven't tried to write to a disc but I think it will be OK.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Comment

Glad to hear you had at least partial success...you got the main movie to rip and playback ok.
                                Thanks for posting back

Comment

Working...
                                X