The Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenables

I am having problem with back-up. It rips fine in full 50bd and compressed 25bd but during the finalizing phase I get error 123 failed finishing. I have enclosed my log files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone had any other problems with Expedables? Mine copied all the way through with no problems...except that it took 12 hours to copy Oh, and another question I have, is that I just purchased my BR burner yesterday, and bought me a pack of BD-R disks (25 GB). The first disk I tried to burn, (setting the disk size to BD25/50%) a pop up said that I was using a dual layer disk when only a single was needed? I wasn't aware of single layer BD-R disk?! Did I set something wrong?
      Kill one man, you're an assassin
      Kill an army, you're a conqueror
      Kill em all...you're a GOD

Comment

Originally posted by grmreaper View Post
        Has anyone had any other problems with Expedables? Mine copied all the way through with no problems...except that it took 12 hours to copy Oh, and another question I have, is that I just purchased my BR burner yesterday, and bought me a pack of BD-R disks (25 GB). The first disk I tried to burn, (setting the disk size to BD25/50%) a pop up said that I was using a dual layer disk when only a single was needed? I wasn't aware of single layer BD-R disk?! Did I set something wrong?
        Not sure of the steps you took but it's suggested to rip the full disc to your hdd 1st (30-40 minutes) then use that as the source for the compression step. The reason is you won't wear out the new BD drive prematurely.

As far as how fast it will compress to BD25 is depending on how fast your CPU and GPU is.

The pop up may indicate a firmware update is needed for your new optical drive (even new ones may have updates available) OR it's the included VSO burn engine is acting buggy, install ImgBurn (link in my sig for installing and configuring it to work with Fab and it's free).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Not sure of the steps you took but it's suggested to rip the full disc to your hdd 1st (30-40 minutes) then use that as the source for the compression step. The reason is you won't wear out the new BD drive prematurely.

As far as how fast it will compress to BD25 is depending on how fast your CPU and GPU is.

The pop up may indicate a firmware update is needed for your new optical drive (even new ones may have updates available) OR it's the included VSO burn engine is acting buggy, install ImgBurn (link in my sig for installing and configuring it to work with Fab and it's free).
          Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'll post what my results are.

Comment

Originally posted by debitner View Post
            I am having problem with back-up. It rips fine in full 50bd and compressed 25bd but during the finalizing phase I get error 123 failed finishing. I have enclosed my log files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Hi Debitner,

Here is the information in your log file:

2010-11-30 20:31:05 Error WRITE FAILED: write error occured near the end at sector 23652368 / 24219520

Here are the methods to avoid this kind of burning failed error.

- Set "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" target size to 23000 for BD-25 and 43000 for BD-50 to avoid further failures towards the end of the movie.

- Poor quality disc will not burn right up to the edge.

- Many Blu-ray/DVD blank discs have uneven dye around the outer edge So we don't want to burn that far.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post

Alright.l..I checked and my firmware and driver is both up to date. Next, I downloaded ImgBurn and got it set up per the YouTube video. I followed your suggestion and copied it to the hdd first, which was considerably faster, but now that I'm burning it to the disk, it's still taking a ton of time. And, as for my PC, it's a brand new Intel i5 core with 8 GB of RAM, with an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT GPU...I never had problems burning DVD's, so I have no idea whats taking so damn long?!? Anymore advice?
              Attached Files

Comment

I followed your suggestion and copied it to the hdd first, which was considerably faster, but now that I'm burning it to the disk, it's still taking a ton of time. And, as for my PC, it's a brand new Intel i5 core with 8 GB of RAM, with an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT GPU...I never had problems burning DVD's, so I have no idea whats taking so damn long?!? Anymore advice?
                Hi grmreaper
                Are you compressing down to BD25 right now or burning
                DVD's have a lot less data than blu-ray and compressing down all that data takes time

I just purchased my BR burner yesterday, and bought me a pack of BD-R disks (25 GB). I wasn't aware of single layer BD-R disk?! Did I set something wrong?
                The disk's you bought are single layer, a BD-r DL is a 50GB

CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I copied it to the hdd as the full disk with no compression. I'm now compressing it down to fit on a BD-R 25GB disk. I'm not using DVD's. Am I compressing it at the wrong stage? Meaning, should I compress it when it's copying to the hdd first?

Comment

I copied it to the hdd as the full disk with no compression. I'm now compressing it down to fit on a BD-R 25GB disk. I'm not using DVD's. Am I compressing it at the wrong stage? Meaning, should I compress it when it's copying to the hdd first?
                    No, you are doing it right, you should always compress it down after it is ripped to your Hdd and then use the full disc rip as your source and either compress it down from there to either full disc or main movie.

You can choose Main movie on the first rip to your Hdd, with the BD50 selected on the main screen which will give you less data to compress after wards when you are compressing to BD25, if you are compressing the whole disc to BD25 this may be what is taking so long.

I know you are not using a DVD I was just stating that there is more data on a blue-ray disc
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I guess until I start using the 50 GB disks, I'll have to put up with the slowness.

Comment

The pop up does not mean you did anything wrong I usually get the pop up to! And I think when I am able to put the full movie onto a 25gb disc. I don't really remember but I get it once in a while and the movie always burns fine!
                        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

cici Jia,

I'll give it a shot but I thought it would be a default.

Thanks
                          debitner

Comment

Thanks!! But I think the 50GB BD-RE has bad spots. Compressed to 25GB and burned completly. Thanks agian for your help!!

Comment

Hey, my backup had a video and sound glitch at about 25 mins into the movie. Anybody else had that problem?

if I let it play it gets passed it though.

Also: DVDFab did not detect any errors while processing this blu-ray (no abort,retry prompt).
                              Last edited by Bendit; 12-13-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X