Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
    1. The remarks concerning the DVDFab nag logo appearing in the output had to do with the Blu-ray copy portion of the program - intended to be burned to 25gb BD media. This has nothing to do with the BD2DVD section of the program. My experiments here worked ok, except for the logo appearing in the output and one brief distortion I noticed in the output video. I only sampled a dozen or so portions of the output, so I can't say for sure all was well everywhere else. Fortunately I had set it up to write to a folder on my hard disc, to be scanned for quality before burning, so I did not actually waste any media.
    Interesting thread.
    As to your comments re: the nag logo, I can't say I disagree.
    I suspect the author has additional/other reasons for the logo, but it's only speculation on my part and adds nothing here.

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
    2. The problem we have been discussing where the program locks up when trying to convert everything except the main movie intended for a DVD is in the BD2DVD section of the program, and I understand your remarks stating that I am, in fact, trying to do something the program is not capable of. The test I did converting only the main movie to dvd seemed to work fine and burn to dvd-rw media via imgburn just fine also
    While it's true that the BD menus are not preserved in BD to DVD, BD menus are not preserved , period...including the Blue-ray Copy module.
    This option is in the hands of the development team in Beijing, but I have not heard anything about a time frame and this info, generally, is not made public until a new version with a particular feature is actually released.

As to all the "additional" titles, you are absolutely correct.
    BD to DVD should and does copy any other title(s).
    Additionally, these can be burned and played on a standalone player.

Initially, I suspected your A/C codec settings as did CBR929.
    I was also suspicious of errors caused by compressing/processing from the original disc files as opposed to using "already" ripped hdd files as the Source.
    You may not have done this and I apologize in advance...I'm just guessing and I may have missed it.

I tried a little experiment with "Inception"...sorry, I don't have "Case 39"
    I also converted from BD to DVD both from the hdd files as well as from the original BD disc and failed to reproduce your problem, but who knows?
    (BTW, we always recommend an uncompressed rip initially).

Here are a few screenshots:
    (Title 2 Warner Bros. ad/logo)
    (Title 51 WarnerBros Insider Rewards ad)
    (Title 210 Trailer/Director comments)

Click image for larger version

Name:	INCEPTION 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	304986

Name:	INCEPTION 2.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	304987

Name:	INCEPTION 3.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	304988

I burned these to a plain, old DVD +RW and the disc plays on my Pioneer standalone without a problem.

Any chance that you have Inception on BD?

Finally, re: Cinavia, have you seen this thread?

Cinavia protection
    Last edited by maineman; 01-16-2011, 09:34 PM. Reason: Forgot additional comment
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi again Rich86

After reading all the post in this tread, specially the one from maineman I decided to try to convert my blu-ray " Cars Toon Matter's Tall Tales " to dvd 'cause this one has 9 short stories, I selected all 9 of them and burned to a disc, played in my dvd player and it played fine, so,now I know the program can do that.

Coming back to your initial problem, I got for a christmas present the new blu-ray "Avatar " it comes with 3 different versions of the movie, I tried the longest one, and also the program hangs at 99%. after a while I closed the program and burned the files to a disc and it played well in my dvd player. I don't have the "Case 39" movie, so I can not try to make a test to see if I have the same problem, (sorry) other thought that comes to my mind and I am surprised that nobody already point you in that direction is that maybe your disc is defective and all you need is take it back to the store where you bought it and exchange it for a new one, if I am right, here in this forum they always suggest or recommend VSO inspector or something like that, to check disc for any errors, if the program finds errors you need as I said above exchange it.

Have a nice day
      Tony
      Last edited by the white wolf; 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM. Reason: add more text

Comment

Originally posted by the white wolf View Post
        Coming back to your initial problem, I got for a christmas present the new blu-ray "Avatar " it comes with 3 different versions of the movie, I tried the longest one, and also the program hangs at 99%. after a while I closed the program and burned the files to a disc and it played well in my dvd player. I don't have the "Case 39" movie, so I can not try to make a test to see if I have the same problem, (sorry) other thought that comes to my mind and I am surprised that nobody already point you in that direction is that maybe your disc is defective and all you need is take it back to the store where you bought it and exchange it for a new one, if I am right, here in this forum they always suggest or recommend VSO inspector or something like that, to check disc for any errors, if the program finds errors you need as I said above exchange it.

Have a nice day
        Tony
        Excellent point and I have no idea why I didn't suggest a bad disc.
        (Well, actually I do, but I'm still hopeful it's not senile dementia...)

FYI re: a bad disc

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi Folks,
          I continued playing with this issue and have a better understanding now.
          I believe the culprit is 1 particular title from the source blu-ray.
          This title has a number of extras on it - one being an approximately 30 minute long "deleted scenes" title. When you look at the list of titles after "blu-ray copying" the blu-ray to hard disc, you see the deleted scenes represented in 2 ways in the list of titles - the 30 minute title mentioned above, and each individual deleted scene listed separately. If I select all or a combination of the extras, the program works fine, as long as I do not select title #270 (which is the 30 minute compilation of the deleted scenes). If I select title #270 even by itself, the program locks up. If I try to use the blu-ray copy section of the program and convert title #270 to a 720p BD output, it locks up. DVDFab apparently just cannot handle this specific title off the Case-39 blu-ray release. I do not believe this is a bad disc issue since title 270 plays fine, and all the other titles, which include everything played via title 270, processes through BD2DVD just fine also. Maybe something in the authoring sequence of title #270 is confusing DVDFab.
          I'm done fighting with this issue now - and plan to experiment with a different title next. Thanks for all your information and support.
          Last edited by Rich86; 01-16-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X