No announcement yet.

Conversion issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I will have to wait until fab is done then I will check. Also what is PIO Mode?

Comment

Hi ripvanwinkle1819

Programmed input/output

Your drive will fall back into PIO mode when Windows encounters CRC errors (max of 6) eventually locking the drive in PIO mode.

You can give my friend Maineman's post a read through here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=576

CBR929

EDIT: After looking at your log again your drive may not be in PIO mode, the most probable cause of you issues is the media you are using and also burning a max speed of your media.
      Last edited by CBR929; 06-11-2011, 01:13 AM. Reason: EDIT
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I wouldn't trust that PIO message.

3 reasons:

2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Build 7600)
        2011-06-10 17:15:46 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
        2011-06-10 17:44:46 Info Write finished in 00:28:08 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 4.01

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post

3 reasons:

2011-06-10 17:44:46 Info Write finished in 00:28:08 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 4.01
          Hi Gummigutta
          I know I realized it when looking at the logs again.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks CBR929. I hear you on the media. I normally use Verby dvdr dl's(made in singapore) but I had some of these Tdk's I wanted to coaster up if I had too. This is where I am at so far.

I have copied the Transformers 1 Bluray to my HD. I will pick up where I left off tommorrow. But one question I have is when you convert to a dvd9 what are the chapter ranges for. When you subtract a chapter does this compress the movie even more, or remove a chapter completely?

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post

3 reasons:

Is this something to be concerned with?

Sorry to triple post, thanks for your help in advance but I have to go to work.

I will pick up everything tommorrow where I left off.

Sorry again Regards Rip
            Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2011, 01:27 AM. Reason: 3 post merged

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819
              Thanks CBR929. I hear you on the media. I normally use Verby dvdr dl's(made in singapore) but I had some of these Tdk's I wanted to coaster up if I had too. This is where I am at so far.

I have copied the Transformers 1 Bluray to my HD. I will pick up where I left off tommorrow. But one question I have is when you convert to a dvd9 what are the chapter ranges for. When you subtract a chapter does this compress the movie even more, or remove a chapter completely?
              Hi ripvanwinkle1819

You can view the rip on your Hdd to make sure that you do not have any problems and burn coasters.

The chapter range may be useful in some cases for trying to cut out previews and ending credits, but in most cases they will not end in the appropriate spots and you will either cut out the beginning of the movie or the end.

Fengtao may develop a start time and end time for for ripping but no time line as of "If" or "When" he may do this.

Is this something to be concerned with?
              No

CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 04-05-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks CBR929. I am working on another Bluray movie Spiderman 3. I am suspicious of my original. I will post my test results a little later on today.

regards Rip

Comment

Okay I am happy to say I have a successful conversion to bluray. Here are the following steps I took to do this incase for anyone else feeling a bit newbish when working with this part of the software.

1. In DVDFAB 8.0.9.8 (registered copy) settings went to the a/v codec and selected video encoder and video decoder settings to software. Unchecked Lighting-Recording.

2. Reset Dma. With my Win 7 I had to do this manually going into the computer settings. Went under write section and selected vso burning and slowed speed down to 2.4 (using cheap tdk's for playback in the MiniVan Dvd player.)

3. Copied the bluray to my hard drive using DVDFAB bluray copy. Main movie. Remember to have mini iso checked.

4. Opened up DVDFAB Bluray to DVD and opened up file where bluray was saved to. Selected BDMV file.

5. Insert a blank D/l Selected DVD9 ( Better quality) and hit start and let the Fab do it's work.

6. Time may vary but on my system it takes about 2hours.

Dvd copy works great. Sound is insync and picture quality is similar to the Hd DvD. (When running on an upconverting dvd player with hdmi output to an lcd tv.)

Thanks to CBR929 for the Help
                  Regards Rip

Comment

Sorry Guys messed up. Sorry to Double Post.

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                    Okay I am happy to say I have a successful conversion to bluray. Here are the following steps I took to do this incase for anyone else feeling a bit newbish when working with this part of the software.

1. In DVDFAB 8.0.9.8 (registered copy) settings went to the a/v codec and selected video encoder and video decoder settings to software. Unchecked Lighting-Recording. Went under write section and selected vso burning and slowed speed down to 2.4 (using cheap tdk's for playback in the MiniVan Dvd player.)

2. Reset Dma. With my Win 7 I had to do this manually going into the computer settings.

3. Copied the bluray to my hard drive using DVDFAB bluray copy. Main movie. Remember to have mini iso checked.

4. Opened up DVDFAB Bluray to DVD and opened up file where bluray was saved to. Selected BDMV file.

5. Insert a blank D/l Selected DVD9 ( Better quality) and hit start and let the Fab do it's work.

6. Time may vary but on my system it takes about 2hours.

Dvd copy works great. Sound is insync and picture quality is similar to the Hd DvD. (When running on an upconverting dvd player with hdmi output to an lcd tv.)

Thanks to CBR929 for the Help
                    Regards Rip

Comment

Hi ripvanwinkle1819
                      Glad to help
                      CBR929

Comment

Working...
                      X