No announcement yet.

Audio out of Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However, there is some very slight stuttering on the video - it is not a smooth playback.

Hi, eon_designs,

Please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "write", slow down your writing speed to 2.x to see the result.

Another point, instead of playing on the standalone Player, you may try to play it on your PC sofeware player, namely, PowerDVD or VLC player to see if it still shutters.

Get VLC free at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang
    Last edited by malcolm; 11-22-2010, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the reply

When using imgburn I actually had it burning at 4x speed. The stuttering is only visible when playing on any stand alone players - I have tried it on an ordinary DVD player and an ordinary BluRay Player, both show the stuttering.

When playing on the computer, either through VLC or PowerDVD there is no stuttering, but that is probably becasue the computer has 4Ghz of processing power behind it where as a stand alone player does not.

I will always be playing DVD's via a stand alone player so if they stutter I cannot really watch them :-(

I have actually been evaluating another BluRay to DVD converter - that one has perfectly smooth playback on a stand alone player, unfortunately their sound is still ever so slightly out of sync.

Comment

Audio Sync fixed - Slight video stutter now

Re-burnt using 2x ImgBurn speed - still have slight video stuttering

This may be better starting as a new thread as the audio sync is not a problem any more.

Comment

Audio still out of sync

My first post in this forum; not my first experience with DVD/Blu-ray backup or with DVDFab and other software - I've been doing that for many years.
          To come to the point, I've recently been using the Blu-ray to DVD Converter on quite a few movies and soon noticed that, while most converted without any problem, a few had a consistent audio/video sync problem.
          Two specific examples are illustrated by the internal logs attached.
          The_Losers_internal.log
          Solomon_Kane_internal.log
          They are only for the duration of the first chapter, just to get the log, and show no important difference. However, while "The Losers" is perfectly in sync, "Solomon Kane" gets progressively further out-of-sync as the film plays.
          A clue as to what is going on comes from using "Mediainfo" on both Blu-ray source and DVD destination files. While "The Losers" shows a frame rate of 23.976 for both source and destination, "Solomon Kane" shows 24.000 for source (Blu-ray) and 23.976 for the destination DVD files.
          It seems as though DVDFab is ignoring the frame rate of the source and converting to a fixed frame rate of 23.976 for the resultant DVD thus giving a progressive out-of-sync at the rate of 3.6 seconds per hour of film play.
          Out of my 400+ Blu-ray movies, most are 23.976 fps, 18 are 24.000 fps and 3 are 25.000 fps.
          Obviously, although I do not intend to convert anything like the full catalogue to DVD, I'll put off converting those with the different frame rates until this has been resolved; which I have every confidence it will be soon.

Comment

Yep, totally agree with your tests as a few of us tested and proved this and posted the results about a year ago.

Nothing has happened since then !!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It's a known problem for 24fps Blu-ray, since DVD only support 23.976fps, we need add A/V sync control for such case, and we are working on it, please wait.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Fair enough. Please let us know when you think you have the fix.

Comment

After installing 8.0.6.1, I still experience audio-sync issues ripping the Blu-ray 2012 movie to DVD. It's set for DVD9 and all codecs are set to "software". Any news on a fix?

Comment

Working...
                  X