Will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mem View Post
    Well have tried all from CBR929 and AGJ. Removed filters, Uninstalled all fab again, Removed all p-coffin files and Dvdfab from documents. Ran ccleaner like always. restarted and redownloaded to make sure it was a clean exe file. Ran again and no go. uninstalled again ran old 6.0.2.2 it runs, Tried 6.0.2.3b it doees not run. I am stuck at 6.0.2.2 no version beyond that will run when loaded. And i have all releases and betas and have tried?

Here is filter load now.
    ===============================================
    Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.4.0
    ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
    Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
    Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
    Lower Class Filter: Pfc
    Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
    File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
    File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
    Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
    Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
    Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
    File Version: 2.03.26a [2.3.26.0]
    File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
    Product Name: PxHelp20
    Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
    Company Name: Sonic Solutions
    Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: Pfc
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
    File Version: 2, 5, 0, 201 [2.5.0.201]
    File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
    Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
    Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 201 [2.5.0.201]
    Company Name: Padus, Inc.
    Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: imapi
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
    File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
    File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
    Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
    Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
    Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Thanks,
    Will keep trying here, and post any results. If there is anything else please reply and will try that also.

Do you have any Roxio Software on your system?

That PxHelp20 driver, as I recall, can cause problems with the way Fab functions... if not when it starts (or doesn't) but also when you try to write a DVD, and suddenly learn that your drive isn't available...

Removing it will cause Roxio to cease functioning, but with Fab firing on all cylinders, I think that's a small price to pay...

I only mention it, because your upper and lower filter drivers look a lot like mine (except I'm minus the Sonic Sol. driver) and I have no problems getting Fab to run and function.

Worth trying???

DC

Comment

No PxHelp20 is the sonic filters within media center. I have been trying alot of different things still to go. But, I did find if I start in safe mode i can load any Dvdfab including 8.0.6.7 and it will run. Come back out and it will not. so I have to take time not and stop each thing one at a time that run on startup and restart until I find what is halting it from running.

Comment

If you need to start in safe mode I would check your Anti-virus program as that may be the problem and yes the PxHelp20 is installed by Media Center when you use that to burn to DVD. If you never use Media center to burn then that filter does not get installed

Comment

Was out of town, now back. I have uninstalled all a/v firewall, sonic driver. Went through all start up processes stopping them and restarting and can not correct this issue it just will not run except in safe mode. But i have noticed that with 8.0.2.2 and 7.0.9.3 running normal at start up I am showing file transfer expired although I have never used it. and in safe mode with 8.0.7.0 or 8.0.6.8 installed it shows as never used. Could I have 2 copies of start up reg. code in my registry and if so how can I clear without reinstalling Windows and setting up my computer again?

Comment

Also when I go into settings when I install 8.0.2.2 it has all the settings 7 has. But when I install newer right up to 8.0.7.0 and start in safe mode to get in they have totally different settings? Memorize is no longer checked, Imgburn is no longer my burn set up it's on VCO memery is back down to auto not on high and h.264 and vc1 are on dxva and no longer software. Install 8.0.2.2 again and setting are the same as 7.0.9.3? Also tried reinputting my reg number in safe mode but that does not do it either? No version above 8.0.2.2 will run but in safe mode?
            Last edited by mem; 01-19-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X