Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 8.0.6.8 Expired Issue

Hi. I'm having the following issue:

I downloaded and installed DVDFab 8.0.6.8 back on January 9th. However, at the time I only opened the application (got the pop-up showing all programs had "Never Been Used", and went into DVDCopy (Gold). Then I closed the application. I did NOT use any of the features!

On February 7th, I went to use DVDCopy for the first time. Again, the pop-up came up stating none of the programs had ever been used. I used DVDCopy (Gold) to backup my DVD to the HD, I didn't burn it. After burning it later (using Roxio), I tested it and all looked great.

Now here's the problem: On February 10th I again went to use DVDCopy. Again, the window popped-up, but still stated that none of the programs had been used. Now when I attempted to use DVDCopy (Gold), it told me that the trial had expired and I would be using HD Decrypter.

I closed the application and tried re-opening it repeatedly (even including rebooting the PC), and I'm getting the same results: the pop-up states it's never been used, but when I try to backup my DVD, it tells me my trial has expired. I thought the trial was for 30 days of use from first use?? If I didn't actually USE the software until 2/7 (but installed it on 1/9), why is this happening? Is the 30-day trial based on when you install the software or first use it?

I'm just wondering if I shafted myself out of the opportunity to test it by installing it and waiting to use it??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, my PC is a Dell Optiplex 745, running Windows XP Pro SP3. Thanks!!

install latest release and see if same problem.

Comment

Tried it with the latest version, same thing. When the window opens, all options say "Never Been Used". When it loads the DVD, and I select either DVD5 or DVD9, and hit the "?", again... all options say "Never Been Used".

As soon as I hit Start, I get the error that DVDCopy has expired, using HD Decrypter.

Again, I have yet to use the program to back-up one of my DVD's.

Can someone please assist and let me know what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi gatorbait86,

Please email me at sunny@dvdfab.com, i will send you the Gold license and help you get through this registration issue.

Sincerely,
        --
        Sunny

Comment

Sure hope you not have a DVD in your DVD Drive when you installed DVDFab the first time or have Autostart set up as then your trial would have begun as soon as it started scanning the DVD

Comment

Thank you sunny and AGJ for your time, assistance and responses!

AGJ... I didn't have a DVD in the drive when I first installed it. After it installed, it automatically opened along with the info file, and as stated above, came up with the start-up screen stating none of the options had been used. I clicked the Start button and it went to the application, with DVDCopy (Gold) highlighted. All I did was look at all of the recording options, by clicking each of the menus on the left to see what was on each. Never inserted a DVD, and then just clicked the close (x) button in the upper right and shut it down.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond! Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X