No announcement yet.

I need to know some basics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple things I’ve run across are: 1.) The cable from the drive to the computer if one of those light weight ones, or going bad, can cause it to see the port as 1.0
    2.) I tried one of those 1 to 4 port extenders that did not have an external power supply and that turned one 2.0 port into four 1.0 ports.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lateral View Post
      ok guys,

Here is the latest update and my solution.

I have done various tests etc and have decided that for some reason, the LG USB DVD drive is behaving strangely. This is evident by the fact that when I unplug and replug it into a Windows XP PC, I receive the message saying "that this device will operate faster plugged into a High Speed USB Port".

I tried it in every USB port with the same result. The DVD Drive is supposed to be USB 2.0 and Device Manager says that the USB ports in the PC are also 2.0.

So, unless anybody has a solution, it looks like I will simply use the internal DVD drive for both input and output as it takes about 16 minutes to burn a DVD.

Thanks
      Regards
      Lateral
      you havent just a usb problem, 100% when you connecft the drive to your internal bus the rip speed is max 4x (riplock)

Comment

Working...
      X