Burn Freezes at 20% - un-detects drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn Freezes at 20% - un-detects drive

Install new SATA Samsung SH-S223C writer. Downloaded 8.0.8.5 after first set of freezes. Had 8.0.6.?. Program or defective DVD drive?

Tried to clone, then write data, then re-rip to disc...from hard drive copy previously ripped from original to hard drive. Nothing worked- "Process Failed, error 102()".......

Then tried to rip an original disc to disc - same thing with Process Failed (at about 15-20% of rip) and then the dvd drive was no longer detected.

So it doesn't matter where the source is, the process fails with error 102(), but copy/re-rip from dvd drive source "un"detects the drive. It comes back with reboot of machine.

Disabled path player on last try.

log attached

Forgot to mention that a regular disc plays just fine and a cd plays fine - it's just the "copy process started" when it freezes into 20%.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: 2 post merged

Hi prentissg
    Have you gone through and check the cables to the new drive?
    Could be a bad drive.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, have checked all cables. I have also tried copying a totally originally unprotected disc. Disc to disc - and received the same issue.

Comment

Go to device manager and uninstall the drive then reboot and windows will re-install it. Then I suggest installing ImgBurn and use it as the burn engine, just let Fab rip the original disc to the hdd then open ImgBurn for the burn process.
        This may or may not help but worth a shot and click the link in my sig to see instructions on how to set the aws for ImgBurn (burn speed). Hope this helps.

Edit: second post in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12 , first link is a video on how to configure Fab to work with ImgBurn and set the aws, just use the pause feature in the youtube player and take your time if you prefer videos instead of written instructions.
        Last edited by W&B; 04-21-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks - however, after I installed imagburn and tried to rip and then copy to disc w/burn AND tried to "Build" and burn from HDD file, both stopped writing after about 1/4-1/3 of the disc.

It gave me the error message attached.

Same effective result as using the VSO burn engine....so I guess it is the burner?
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are DMA errors, couple things to try: replace the cable, uninstall the controller and reboot or try to find updated drivers for the controller. Also check for for an updated chip set driver.
            Last edited by 90312; 04-22-2011, 01:08 AM.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X