Crashes when reading dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes when reading dvd

I have Ncis Los Angeles and when I start dvdfab it starts to read the dvd and then crashes.

Windows 7 64bit

Here are the logs. I only sent the one because it never got to burning.

I then tried a different dvd and that one was fine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Data636; 04-22-2011, 05:33 AM. Reason: Added os info

Try Disabling Pathplayer as it seems the problem DVD has Pathplayer Enabled. Also the first disc for this Pathplayer was enabled but DVDFab Disabled it as was not needed. So I think it just might work if you Disable Pathplayer in Common settings of DVDFab

Ooops I just finished looking at all the logs and it seems you Disabled Pathplayer already, Have you checked these DVDs to see if they scratched or dirty. If they are try cleaning them
    Last edited by AGJ; 04-22-2011, 06:17 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

Tried disabled It did not work..

0m 00.42s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 01.28s: detected dvd
      0m 01.32s: drive E
      0m 01.32s: dvd type 1
      0m 01.32s: volume label NCIS_LA_S1_D2
      0m 01.45s: got copyright 1 f6
      0m 02.06s: got udf/iso
      0m 02.52s: got discinfo
      0m 02.52s: pathplayer disabled 0
      0m 05.74s: terminate process

Comment

Originally posted by Data636 View Post
        Tried disabled It did not work..

0m 00.42s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 01.28s: detected dvd
        0m 01.32s: drive E
        0m 01.32s: dvd type 1
        0m 01.32s: volume label NCIS_LA_S1_D2
        0m 01.45s: got copyright 1 f6
        0m 02.06s: got udf/iso
        0m 02.52s: got discinfo
        0m 02.52s: pathplayer disabled 0
        0m 05.74s: terminate process
        Hi Data636,

1) As AGJ suggested, check if this original disc is bad (dirty/scratched). If yes, go clean it firstly before you start to copy.

2) Also, you can download and install VSO Inspector at http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php and run a disc surface scan on the original DVD disc to see if you get any errors.

Anny

Comment

Sorry..

It play fine in my dvd player. And I did clean it not scratched or cracked.

I will check out the file you suggested.

Comment

Any surface scan errors means the dvd is bad ??

Comment

Usually does.... Try cleaning/polishing and give it another go...
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

2011-04-22 08:00:04 Info Surface scan complete
                2011-04-22 08:00:02 Info Average read speed: 0.26x
                2011-04-22 08:00:02 Info Maximum read speed: 2.38x
                2011-04-22 08:00:02 Info Minimum read speed: 0.01x
                2011-04-22 08:00:01 Info Good: 69.74%, Problem: 0.00%, Error: 30.26%
                2011-04-22 08:00:01 Error Reading of sector 3920560 to 3920575 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication]
                2011-04-22 08:00:01 Error Reading of sector 3920544 to 3920559 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication]
                2011-04-22 08:00:00 Error Reading of sector 3920512 to 3920527 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication]
                2011-04-22 07:59:58 Error Reading of sector 3920480 to 3920495 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication]
                2011-04-22 07:59:58 Error Reading of sector 3920448 to 3920463 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication]
                2011-04-22 07:59:56 Error Reading of sector 3920352 to 3920367 failed: Code 05 6F 03 [CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authenticat
                Last edited by Data636; 04-22-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: This all the eros are od ccc I belive is the copy protetcion

Comment

From your log.....
                  ----------------------------------------------------
                  2011-04-22 08:00:01 Info Good: 69.74%, Problem: 0.00%, Error: 30.26%
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  This is a defective disc.

Comment

Sorry , I don't mean to contradict you but every original dvd I have ,that I successfully backed up and burned and even payed on both dvd player and pc, The original DVD's all have this CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication , when using VSO inspector.

SO how can this dvd be bad ? This is the Copy protection that VSO cant decrypt.
                    Last edited by Data636; 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

Sorry , I don't mean to contradict you but every original dvd I have ,that I successfully backed up and burned and even payed on both dvd player and pc, The original DVD's all have this CSS error, Read scrambled sector without authentication , when using VSO inspector.

SO how can this dvd be bad ?
                      You are not contradicting me you are contradicting your own log .

The log says the disc can not be read.

Playing and copying are like apples and oranges. Most defective dvd will play but can not be copied.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                        You are not contradicting me you are contradicting your own log .

The log says the disc can not be read.

Playing and copying are like apples and oranges. Most defective dvd will play but can not be copied.

I understand that, what I am asking is why all my dvd's Originals give me the "error" HOWEVER they copied successfully and played on pc and DVD Player. (any I have a Tobhiba newer model) and this is picky as hell..

But this one is playing on my dvd as I am typing ..... I am reading that VSO can NOT decrypt the CSS copy protection and this is why it reads ERROR.

I will return this dvd and get a replacement, If your correct all will be good.

I will post the results.

Thank you for trying to help me. Have a great day.
                        Last edited by Data636; 04-22-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

This comes up every now and then and is unfortunate; ultimately just a needless cause of frustration and loss of time for the user.

You cannot scan a copy-protected disc with VSO Inspector...not by itself
                          (same goes for Nero CD-DVD Speed which is a much more comprehensive utility).

Here's a c&p from a previous post of mine.
                          Hope it helps
                          >
                          >
                          >

To check for a "bad disc"...

Pop in the disc > open Fab Passkey
                          (Just download Passkey from right here on the forum....still available as freeware)
                          and now run scan on
                          VSO Inspector (freeware)
                          Editing software, video burning, DVD, Bluray, WebM,... and video downloading from the internet. Custom your own videos menu!

or
                          Nero cd-dvd speed (still available as freeware)
                          Nero CD/DVD Speed is a freeware software for benchmarking your CD-R and DVDR drives

You can also open the disc with a software player such as VLC, hit play, stop, but do not exit the player.
                          Now open VSO Inspector and scan.
                          However, this method is not nearly as reliable.
                          Last edited by maineman; 04-22-2011, 06:15 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Mainman your right all the way....... I opened VLC and played the movie ,hit pause opened vso inspector ..

I scanned the dvd with NO ERRORS..

.. so now back to the original problem I run dvdfab the newest version and put my dvd in it and it starts to analogize the dvd and then DVDFAB crashes.

so far this in the only dvd it happens on.. <<< I attached the log..>>>

I is NCIS Los Angeles season 1 dvd

I am using windows 7 64bit
                            intel E8400 Processor
                            6 gigs of ram

I have Magic Iso installed that creates a virtual drive.

Thank you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, this happens on occasion...Fab simply stumbles on a particular disc.
                              It's happened to me too with some TV series discs.

Like many, I'm not thrilled with v. 8085 and I see you've tried the most obvious, first step and disabled PP to no avail.

Often, an older version of Fab will work where recent releases fail.
                              My pal Gruñón has an "old apps" link in his sig....check it out.

One of my all-time favorites is v.4120.
                              If you need this one, let me know and I'll get it to you.

Additionally, there are some tips to run through such as trying another drive to read the "problem" disc.
                              Please click on:
                              Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                              (link below in my sig)

Hopefully, something here will do it, although there's always more stuff to try.
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                              X