Add external subtitles to DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add external subtitles to DVD?

I have a DVD movie (BUPs, IFOs, VOBs) and a subtitle file that I created with wonderful "Aegisub" (freeware). I'd like to embed the subs in the movie.

The DVDFab online manual states that...

'You can add the external subtitle for converted files in "External Subtitle Settings" window'.

I clicked on the green button with the checkmark and looked through all the common settings. I also looked through every option in the GUI. So where can I find the "External Subtitle Settings" window in DVDFab DVD Copy?

AFAIK, You can only do this if you are converting to a file such as MKV/AVI... Using the "Video Converter" module.

Originally posted by Djard View Post
    I have a DVD movie (BUPs, IFOs, VOBs) and a subtitle file that I created with wonderful "Aegisub" (freeware). I'd like to embed the subs in the movie.

The DVDFab online manual states that...

'You can add the external subtitle for converted files in "External Subtitle Settings" window'.

I clicked on the green button with the checkmark and looked through all the common settings. I also looked through every option in the GUI. So where can I find the "External Subtitle Settings" window in DVDFab DVD Copy?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Adding an external subtitle

Thanks for the info. I thought about trying the command line function for embedding subtitles with DVDFab, but that seems to be a very messy undertaking. I suppose I could convert back to MP4, add the subs then convert and pack the media back in the VOB containers; but the loss of video quality turns me off. Maybe Adobe Premiere can perform direct streaming while re-recording the movie with the subs.

Comment

Maybe DVDSubEdit (Also FREE) can do it for you without re-encoding.

Worth a try !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

DVD Subtitles

Thanks. DVDSubEdit v1.51 has a nice GUI and no installation is required (no DLLs. Yay!). But the app is not intuitive...I couldn't do a thing with it off the bat. Looks like I'll have to study a computer manual (groan).

Comment

Working...
          X