Default Output Size will not stay set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forgsale View Post
    <--- Sniped ---> BTW has anyone noticed whether or not the result is actually DVD9 after a copy? I noticed despite setting it to DVD9 (twice) the contents of the MainMovie folder was still less than the UI stated it would be at DVD9. More like the DVD5 size...
    I have been checking mine and yes, they are the correct size.

The only times they have ended up as DVD5 size since I first noticed and reported the Bug were my own fault because I forgot to change the interface setting back to DVD9 before clicking Start.

Also when you check the size of the resulting backup, please note that you will see two different results even though both are the same measurement.

For example, one DVD9 disk, the results were 7.75 GB (8,328,617,984 bytes)

It can be enough to confuse you if you're not familiar with Bytes and if you let yourself worry about it too much.

Here's an interesting article How Bit and Bytes Work

Or you could read a more confusing Wikipedia Article - Byte

Comment

A workaround is to ensure that you set the output size last before copying.
      If you set it to DVD9, then browser to a folder, or similar, it will default back to DVD5.

I have noticed another setting that doesn't stick in this version.
      When using DVD Ripper, if you set the profile first before browsing to a folder, the profile will reset to default.
      Last edited by dypsis; 01-31-2012, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X