This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not burn a dvd

I am having problems burning since I upgraded to the new version. I have tried to uninstall dvd drivers and reinstall, changed pathplayer, i/o mode,changed to img burn and all other suggestions in other threads. It will copy the dvd but when I go to burn it only gets to about 5% and freezes up, I have to end task to get the programs to shut down and reboot computer to get the dvd out of the dvd burner. Any suggestions.

Originally posted by rparker View Post
    I am having problems burning since I upgraded to the new version. I have tried to uninstall dvd drivers and reinstall, changed pathplayer, i/o mode,changed to img burn and all other suggestions in other threads. It will copy the dvd but when I go to burn it only gets to about 5% and freezes up, I have to end task to get the programs to shut down and reboot computer to get the dvd out of the dvd burner. Any suggestions.
    Hi rparker welcome and sorry for your trouble,

Please post some specifics....see the Help Us Help You thread (link in my sig).
    In particular, a couple of burn logs will help a great deal.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Here are the logs that I have. I am using a laptop with a pioneer dvd-rw dvrtd08l dvd writer all the firmware it up to date on it. I also have checked and have plenty of memory on hard drive. Thanks for your quick response.
      Attached Files

Comment

Chances are, this is yet another problem with VSO, Fab's default burn engine.
        Unfortunately, we've seen many user problems with VSO recently.

My best advice at this point...and the simplest, is to switch to Img.

Troy512 has some great instructions and video tutorials on how to set up Img to work with Fab.

Here's the thread:

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together

Any problems, give us a holler and please let us know how you make out

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have already switched to ImgBurn and still having the same problems as with VSO.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention (multitasking was never my strong suit and at 60, it's worse, if that's possible...)

The quality of your blank media...CMC MAG. AM3...is a bit marginal for video archiving and I suspect that 8X is pushing its limits.

Recommend that you use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
            You can try reducing your burn speed with the CMC...I'd try 4X with this stuff, but you would do well do dump this media anyway.

Comment

I have already switched to ImgBurn and still having the same problems as with VSO.
              Ok, that's unfortunate. I missed that, sorry
              Try switching media and/or reducing the burn speed.

I was typing as you were posting

Comment

I tried to reduce write speed yesterday and that didn't work either. As for as the blank media I haven't had any problem until I upgraded. I have been using the same kind of dvds since I started using DVDFab.

Comment

I tried to reduce write speed yesterday and that didn't work either. As for as the blank media I haven't had any problem until I upgraded. I have been using the same kind of dvds since I started using DVDFab.
                  Right, I understand this and I understand that you have not just flashed your burner's firmware, etc., but as this is a dynamic and complicated process, it never hurts to maximize your chances of success.

As you said, since upgrading, something has changed.
                  Right now, my only other thought, besides changing media, is to revert to a previous version as a temporary work-around. Not ideal and certainly not a fix though.

I take a closer look at your logs a little later when I have a chance.

Comment

I will try to lower the speed again and see if it will work, if not will probably try to install a previous version later today.

Comment

Any chance you would have a usb type optical drive to test with to rule out your internal drive is dying? Try what Maineman suggested about reverting to a previous version and test also, would be very coincidental if it died after upgrading.

Comment

No I don't have any other optical drive to test it with. The computer is about 1 year old and I have probably burned between 200 and 300 dvd with no problems at all. I am currently trying to copy and burn Bride Wars at a lower write speed and then will see about reverting to previous version. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have tried again to lower speed and burn using IMGBurn it got to 77% and has hung up. My dvd drive will not open unless I restarted my computer.

Comment

Do not hijack threads. Start your own !!!!

Originally posted by MissRamTough View Post
                            I have copied to my hard disk a few titles (3) to back them up and then saw a new version of DVDFAB out, so I quickly updated and now I can not get the newer version of the program to burn the movies. Is there a problem using a newer version to burn a DVD than what was used to copy that same movie?
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Do not hijack threads. Start your own !!!!
                              Good idea and and I took the liberty of creating new thread for our new member here:

Comment

Working...
                              X