No announcement yet.

Cannot Make a DVD Copy or Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only advice on an external drive is get one in a full size enclosure with an external power supply. I have a Memorex myself that is a rebox of something else, LG or something and it is very good. I also have a Samsung slim burner powered only by the USB port and it is problem prone at times.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you

90312 & maineman, many thanks for all your help & guidance.
      - Heading out today to Bestbuy to pick up an external burner. It appears the one in my Asus has seen better days. Tried all the changes with same results...gotta be the burner.
      - Hopefully, I can find one with an external power source.
      - Will update with good news hopefully
      Gotta B the burner

Comment

Let us know how you make out.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It was the burner

90312, I went out & bought a Memorex MRX-550LE v3 & it made a great copy. But I must really not be understanding the pathway of how DVDFab & IMGBurn is supposed to be set up. Because the weird thing is, it seemed to take the long way around to do it. For some reason, Cyberlink Power2Go popped up after IMGburner. The P2Go is what actually made the copy. I was wondering if you would take a look @ all of the attached logs & tell me where I have gone awry I'm really confused. Thanks in advance for everything.
          Attached Files
          Gotta B the burner

Comment

I don't know what Power2Go is? But I do know that DVDFab won't use it to burn media. If you are set to use ImgBurn when Fab finishes making the temp file it will call ImgBurn on top and burn the disk, you will see it and the progress. I would turn off AutoPlay on the new drive, it may be calling that P2Go program after the burn completes?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats on your new burner.

You must have chosen to run and install whatever software on the the cd that came with your burner.
              I've never heard of Power2Go previous to your post, but apparently it is from cyberlink.

It must have hijacked the burn operation.
              I'd uninstall it
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi wedu22
                To make sure that ImgBurn is set up correctly please us the link in my signature, and set your write speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your media.

Also make sure that Path Player is always enabled within Fab Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab.
                CBR929

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                It must have hijacked the burn operation.
                I'd uninstall it
                It's strange that ImgBurn did do the burn.
                I would uninstall the program also.

@ wedu22 Yes, that is my bike.
                Last edited by CBR929; 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM. Reason: text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Update: Its working

To CBR929, 90312, & maineman.
                  Not sure what changed (because I didn't make any changes) but it is all working together like a well oiled machine.
                  -Took appx 25 min for start to finish & IMGBurn worked great. No P2Go popup, strait IMGBurn.
                  - Man I'm happy
                  Thank you one & all for all your patience & feedback.
                  Gotta B the burner

Comment

Glad you got it all worked out!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yup, glad to hear it...
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm also glad your burning again.
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X