Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, these are my comments on what I can glean from the logs.

2009-12-07 20:48:18 Error WRITE FAILED: write error occured near the end at sector 2035968 / 2143936

I think the burner is having problems with this media near the edge. A suggestion is to reduce the default size of the DVD5 in the settings page as this may help prevent this.

2009-12-07 20:35:12 Info Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x2.4
    2009-12-07 20:35:12 Info Available write speed: 8x ,6x ,4x ,2x
    2009-12-07 20:35:12 Info Media ID: CMC MAG. AM3

You are requesting it to burn at too high a speed. Reduce to a maximum of half the rated speed of the blanks.

Also, the blanks that you are using are CRAP. All of us here that are experienced recommend either Verbatiim or Taiyo Yuden.

Besides all of that, your PC must be pretty old with only having 500Mb of memory. The burner could be on the way out also. The only way to prove this though is to put in a new one. They are not too expensive though. They are around the $30 in Australia as I see from the logs that you are from Down Under also.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

2009-12-07 20:15:14 Info New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A 102C [D] (Ide)

Your burner also has a 'newer' firmware update which was released back in Dec 22 2006. Firmware 103D can be found . Along with Greg's good advice it should help find the proper write strategy for your blank media which is not the best available.

Oh and thanks for posting the needed info

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Also, the blanks that you are using are CRAP. All of us here that are experienced recommend either Verbatiim or Taiyo Yuden.
        Toss that CRAP media ..... as those disks age they will probably stop working ... get Taiyo Yuden as Gregi suggested. TY's is the ONLY media i use for SL (single layer) burns.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Great advice from "the gang" and I totally agree.
          A few more thoughts...
          Apparently this is a laptop ??? and your drive is a slimline drive.
          These tend to be poor performers insofar as video archiving.

I don't mean to sound like I'm beating you up, I mean slimlines are what come in lappies...nevertheless, they're marginal perfomers at best.
          They are also predisposed to early failure as the result of excessive heat exposure..."they cook"!

This puppy might still have some life in it, but GregiBoy is spot on about the media...dump it.
          Definitely, pick up some Verbatim media at the local brick & mortar stores or some Taiyo Yuden online.
          GregiBoy can help you with this since he's in OZ...I'm clueless since I'm over in the US.

Don't buy another slimline burner as a replacement. They're expensive and crappy performers...especially with dvds.

Not sure how your budget is, but you would be way better off with an external burner
          or a cheaper internal burner housed in an external enclosure...connected to a usb 2 port.
          Again, GregiBoy or another Aussie can help you here.

Thanks for posting the info we requested...sounds like it was a hassle.

Good luck and let us know how you make out
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well, "The Gang" all seem to have similar thoughts about this problem!!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I hope you guys have received my log info by now and can help me with some kind of solution? I have a few DVD's I wish to burn and it would be good to be able to do so.

I heard back from Avangate who is a reseller for Fentaio and they gave me a weblink to go to but nothing appeared on screen with this, so they haven't been of any great use thus far,

Cheers,

SheelaNaGig

Comment

Sheila, have you not read the previous posts???

Comment

Hi Maineman,

I'm not using a laptop. It is a "normal" box type computer with external keyboard. It is the type that a lot of offices use. I bought it second hand refurbished. I used to have an Acer One Aspire netbook and believe me, THAT WAS CRAP! Since I've gone back to using a "normal" type of computer I haven't had as many difficulites generally.

Ok, I get the messages about the blank discs I'm using. I'm off now to buy some Verbatims. I haven't heard of the Taiyo Yuden media, but I have now! I will check these out online.

The burner I purchased online from FABDVD6 and it was sent to me as a download. I did request a disc and paid insurance for it, but never received it?
                  I've also e-mailed them but they haven't responded?

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your assistance. I don't feel quite so alone now.

SheelaNaGig

Comment

If you purchased from anywhere other than dvdfab.com, you were scammed and ripped off.

This may be more than part of your problem.

Comment

Hi Gregiboy,

Yes I have read them now. I must have been looking at an older page of the Forum. Please be patient with me as I am definitely no "expert" on any of these things. I am more "right brain" if you know what I mean.

I think I send my reply to Maineman to you, just as an example of my clumsiness!

I'm also over 50 so I blame my senior status aswell? (Assuming you guys are all young ones compared to me)...

I don't always understand the language you guys use either. My burner is the DVD to DVD FABDVD6 programme which was sent to me via e-mail. I did request a disc but this was never sent to me.

As far as my income is concerned, I am on a Disability Support Pension, so it is almost NON-EXISTENT, so I can't see myself buying an external burner any time soon.

I will however change my discs to Verbatim and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your patience and for your assistance. I'll keep you posted.

I hope I can repay the favour at some stage?

Cheers,

SheelaNaGig

Comment

Hi Gregiboy,

I bought it from DVDFAB.com as my trial version expired and started doing "strange" things so I decided to buy it. They sent me an e-mail with registration info etc.

Is this ok?

Cheers,

SheelaNaGig

Comment

Hi Sheila, maineman and I are old farts too (60ish).....

Please read my post about where you purchased and give us the EXACT details as I suspect you were ripped off !!

Comment

Check at supermediastore.com for the Taiyo Yuden disks. That’s where I get mine and like a lot of others here that is all I use for SL burns and never a problem. Get the premium line ( about 30 cents each ) and not the value line disks. I don’t know for sure what the value line is, but I’m guessing they are the ones that don’t make the grade and problems are sure to follow.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

If dvdfab.com, all should be good.

Comment

Niner, Sheila is from Down Under too so that won't help. Have a look at www.pcx.com.au and see which ones you think are best as I actually have stopped burning DVD's a couple of years ago. I just use my media players.

Sheila, where do you actually live?

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                                Check at supermediastore.com for the Taiyo Yuden disks. That’s where I get mine and like a lot of others here that is all I use for SL burns and never a problem. Get the premium line ( about 30 cents each ) and not the value line disks. I don’t know for sure what the value line is, but I’m guessing they are the ones that don’t make the grade and problems are sure to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X