Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! I looked at the TY on that site is everything that expensive Down Under? What's your dollar worth US?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

One of ours will currently buy about 90 US cents.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi again Sheila,

Nope, I didn't get any messages from you meant for GregiBoy or anyone else... must be lost somewhere in the "ether"...

Anyway, sounds like you must have a mini-tower (mini-ATX) case.
        Take a look at these two links and you can see what I mean by slimline burners.
        This is what lead me to assume...wrongly, that you had a laptop:

Here's one with a pic:
        Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

The good news is that it's not exposed to as much heat as a lappie, but it's still crammed in a small space (which is why you have a slimline in the first place)...probably gets more heat than is healthy and is still a marginal (at best) quality burner.

But, like you said, it's what you've got.

Like 90312, can't believe the prices you have to pay for media.
        I don't even see Verbs for less than $0.50/each...really nuts!
        I'd go with the smallest, available spindle Verbs, 8X and -R should be a bit cheaper than +R and we won't have to deal with bitsetting if it becomes an issue.

I know GregiBoy is a great source of info, but has been out of the the blank media market for a couple of years...maybe another Aussie knows of some deals to be had.

Let's hope so.
        I use Taiyo Yuden 000 T02 (+R 8X). I believe thay are the best dvd blanks on the planet and I pay about $0.30-0.35 each, sometimes even cheaper and free shipping too.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry, forgot to ask...
          FabDVD6 is a rip off, but Avangate is not and is the only authorized vendor for DVDFab.

To be certain your license is legit, please retrieve your regkey from:

Be sure to retreive the DVDFab 6.x (all in one-email) regkey
          You should receive it almost immediately.

Thanks.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Use ImgBurn

Originally posted by SheelaNaGig View Post
            ... Does anyone know how to resolve the problem of copying a disc which spits out three quarters way through at 95% done, stating that the copy process failed with no explanation as to why? ...
            ... My system is a Dell Optiflex GX520 with 500mg of Ram. I don't have any other burning programme installed except for Nero Express which I use for burning CD's. ...
            2009-12-07 20:14:46 Info DLL Version : 4.0.5.464
            2009-12-07 20:14:46 Info DLL : C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~1\vso_hwe.dll
            Someone made a suggestion about the fact that I have Nero Express on my system? It isn't the disc. Someone downloaded it onto my system. I find it useless for DVD burning but I use it for CD burning. ...
            You're getting a lot of help from some of the most experienced people here. However, let me chime in with something that has not been suggested yet. You might want to look into using ImgBurn for burning the DVDs--and CDs--instead of using the VSO burn engine that's default with DVDFab, and using Nero for your CDs. You can uninstall and remove Nero in case of any potential conflicts--ImgBurn is all you need. There are tutorials and instructions on its use here in the forum, and the guys would be able to assist if you have questions.

Also, just to reiterate one suggestion that W&B has already posted earlier. You should update the firmware for your NEC drive if necessary. You can also download and get more info from Dell Support. According to the release notes, the latest firmware update enables write support for additional brands of DVD R media.
            Last edited by tli; 12-10-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
              You might want to look into using ImgBurn for burning the DVDs.
              Thanks for that tli.

I can't believe that none of us suggested Img yet.
              I really thought someone did, but I just went back and checked and you're absolutely right.

Thanks again for catching that.

Comment

Working...
              X