Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Preview doesn't work right for me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zZz View Post
    Maybe DVD Shrink fixed DVDFab's malfunctioning behavior and even though it was removed afterwards, the fix took hold and remained. Sort of like throwing a switch.
    I have been thinking about this more, and without understanding the technical reasons, I think that IS (was) the problem.

Although the other way round.

Can someone who is more into the technical side of all this, when you have time, look at it?

Although I have used DVDFab for some time I only recently found these forums, so I was doing the copying as best I could. On my old computer and then on this new one I used to put any DVDs I had bought through DVDFab to remove the protections, then through DVD Shrink to shrink them, then back to DVDFab with those files to backup.

It was only after I started using these forums that I began doing the whole thing with DVDFab, and stopped using DVD Shrink at all and about the same time I downloaded the new 6.2.0.5, this was when the preview suddenly started working for the first time in ages.

There surely has to be some connection???

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
      ... Another puzzling thing is why does zZz get a separate ActiveMovie Window when it's supposed to play in the little lower-left preview window that can be maximized? Anyone get this same behavior?
      The ActiveMovie Window occurred when the CyberLink Video/SP Decoder [used for PowerDVD 5] is selected, instead of the DVDFab Video Decoder, for the DirectShow Filter's Video Decoder selection in DVDFab 6's preferences.

... I definitely think DVD Shrink had something to do with fixing DVDFab's behavior. ...
      Possible, but unlikely, as my test boxes had DVDShrink running on them too, and still no Preview. Anyway, glad that it's working for you now.

Comment

Yes, I'm glad too, tli. I want to thank all you guys for your great input in this matter, and through some miracle, we seem to have talked through and worked out the problem to a happy conclusion. Kudos to all you guys! Let's hope that Fengtao can solve this problem that exists, so that it doesn't reappear in future versions of this fantastic piece of software.

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
          Possible, but unlikely, as my test boxes had DVDShrink running on them too, and still no Preview. Anyway, glad that it's working for you now.
          Sadly no Moderators have even responded yet about this problem.

Still seems to be some confusion about the preview problem, I have given much thought to this, and am now CONVINCED that it was indeed DVD Shrink for reasons I do not understand that was CAUSING the problem.

My preview now works great, but ONLY since I stopped using DVD Shrink and subsequently removed it from my computer.

Comment

... Let's hope that Fengtao can solve this problem that exists, so that it doesn't reappear in future versions of this fantastic piece of software.
            The Tech Dept has been informed of this problem two months ago:

Comment

Mate,

Firstly you are wrong. Both Signals and are have posted information in this thread.

Secondly, you may have a wrong perception of the role of a Moderator. Our role as Moderators is to ensure that the forum rules are obeyed and that threads are kept on track. That is our primary function.

When we do post, it is because we usually have either seen or helped resolve a problem before but by no means expect a moderator to post or comment on every thread.

What this forum is all about is "Users Helping Users".

Originally posted by davidh View Post

Still seems to be some confusion about the preview problem, I have given much thought to this, and am now CONVINCED that it was indeed DVD Shrink for reasons I do not understand that was CAUSING the problem.

My preview now works great, but ONLY since I stopped using DVD Shrink and subsequently removed it from my computer.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
                The Tech Dept has been informed of this problem two months ago:

http://club.myce.com/f116/preview-problems-302700/
                Originally posted by EEngineer on CLUB.MYCE.COM
                This may be an old topic:

When "INTERNAL" is selected for preview, I get video but no audio,
                When "DIRECT SHOW" is selected with Dfab video and audio selected, I get no video but good audio. If I select the "ffdshow" decoder with Dfab audio, I get video in a different window with good audio. The 5 series version of Dfab worked with no problem when set to "DIRECT SHOW" with Dfab video and audio decoders selected. Any fix for this... it would be nice to be able to view the video in the Dfab box and be able to select the audio track.
                Oh... my... god! That is freaking exactly the problem as I described it, minus trying the ffdshow decoder. It's amazing how similar it is to the problem I ran into and described. It's even the same in how EEngineer said that the 5 series versions worked without this problem. Does Fengtao know what's causing this preview problem or is it still a mystery to them as to what's causing it to go kablooey?
                Last edited by zZz; 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Well, it's NOT Shrink, I use Shrink quite a bit. I do sometimes use the preview window but have never had the issue you were having. My normal procedure is using Full Disc, no preview required. But sometimes I had to use Customize when Full Disc won't extract properly due to NEW encryption.

I'm quite surprised that removing Shrink cured your problem .....
                  AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Mate,

Firstly you are wrong. Both Signals and are have posted information in this thread.

Secondly, you may have a wrong perception of the role of a Moderator. Our role as Moderators is to ensure that the forum rules are obeyed and that threads are kept on track. That is our primary function.

When we do post, it is because we usually have either seen or helped resolve a problem before but by no means expect a moderator to post or comment on every thread.

What this forum is all about is "Users Helping Users".
                    That is what I have been trying to do on this topic and most of the ones I have posted on, but there doesn't seem to be any support from the Moderators except for some of them calling members whingers and whiners.

I will continue to use DVDFab and read the forums, but that is all.

Thank you.

Comment

That is what I have been trying to do on this topic and most of the ones I have posted on, but there doesn't seem to be any support from the Moderators except for some of them calling members whingers and whiners.

I will continue to use DVDFab and read the forums, but that is all.

Thank you.
                      Your posts have been referred to by some as whining because that is precisely what they are...whining.

I also notice that you have no problem pointing fingers and even when it is demonstrated that you have posted false accusations, you ignore this and go right on with your self-righteous arrogance.

Moreover, you continue to pick fights, chastise and mock the moderators.
                      I will not abide this.
                      The next time I perceive you to be whining, you're gone.
                      You now have a week to cool down and reflect.
                      I suggest that you put it to good use
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank You Mainman.
                        Very well stated.

Comment

My apologies to zZz (the OP) and anyone else inconvenienced by the temporary closure of this thread.

I have re-opened it.
                          I would ask that any additional posts remain on topic.
                          Thanks.
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

OK I have been at work all day and missed the action but as for this preview problem I have not experienced it when I have used that option. The last time I used the preview it was an fresh OS installation and I did not have DVD Shrink installed and the preview worked for me but I not remember if I had audio but I think I did will give it a try Thursday as I am doing another fresh OS installation as I am having problems with IE8

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                              OK I have been at work all day and missed the action but as for this preview problem I have not experienced it when I have used that option. The last time I used the preview it was an fresh OS installation and I did not have DVD Shrink installed and the preview worked for me but I not remember if I had audio but I think I did will give it a try Thursday as I am doing another fresh OS installation as I am having problems with IE8
                              Oh that's great to hear, AGJ. Would you please try it as I did so we can see your results in DVDFab's behavior?
                              1. First, I got out my Windows XP Professional original installation CD-ROM.
                              2. Next, selected "Format Drive with NTFS" choice on menu, then went through entire installation.
                              3. Next, got out my Service Pack 2 CD-ROM and installed it. Rebooted computer.
                              4. I now got out my manufacturer's CD-ROM that came with my motherboard and installed all the drivers such as CPU, video, audio, USB, etc. Rebooted computer.
                              5. Next, I went to Windows Update and selected Service Pack 3 and installed it. Rebooted computer.
                              6. Next, I again went to Windows Update and selected and installed all the security updates. Rebooted computer.
                              7. Now, finally, I installed DVDFab 6.2.0.5 as the first software application and tried it out to see if it worked. At this point, the Preview screen malfunctioned as I described.
                              8. I installed other software apps and lived with DVDFab's behavior.
                              9. DVD Shrink was installed, but not used. DVDFab remained unchanged, still not functioning correctly.
                              10. I used DVD Shrink to create a short standalone clip off a DVD.
                              11. Now, suddenly and unexpectedly, DVDFab's Preview screen began to play normally with sound when the default decoder "DVDFab Video Decoder" was selected for both video and audio.

Comment

11. Now, suddenly and unexpectedly, DVDFab's Preview screen began to play normally with sound when the default decoder "DVDFab Video Decoder" was selected for both video and audio.
                                Glad to see you were able to get it working properly !!

Cheers
                                AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
                                X