Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Drive Won't Take a Blank Disc of Any Kind! Argh!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't find what I was looking for, but let's try this: in the opening screen of V9 click the the little symbol at the top that looks like a gear, then the drives button, then DVD write. Select Writable Media (DVD-5) and select the DVD-R size 4488 click "OK" and try it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I didn't find what I was looking for, but let's try this: in the opening screen of V9 click the the little symbol at the top that looks like a gear, then the drives button, then DVD write. Select Writable Media (DVD-5) and select the DVD-R size 4488 click "OK" and try it.
      Ok. I tried your suggestion using Imgburn and DVDFAb as the burning drive and it did the same thing. Spit it right out. The drive starts to try and read it but stops right away. I just don't get it!!! My drive reads the blank DVDs with every program but DVDFab. Imgburn, no problem. Nero, no problem. Itunes, no problem. And without hesitation. Is this the first time this has ever happened with DVDFab?
      I am exchanging this computer anyway in the next day or so but I still am so wanting to know what the problem is?!?

Again I do appreciate people at least trying to help.

Comment

OMG!!!! Unbelievable!! It's now happening with my new Dell The same exact problem. Why is this happening to me with 2 different computers and drives? Is this not happening to anyone else? Is it my subscription or something? It seems no matter what computer I start DVDFab on it has problems.

I tried just burning with the default settings then I tried changing the burning engine to DVDFab. Still nothing. Just to see what would happen, as soon as I clicked cancel when it asked me for a blank disc, I inserted the Sony blank DVD-R disc and my drive totally saw it and my computer asked me what I would like to do. WTF! Excuse my language but I am really frustrated that this is happening. What's the point of a lifetime subscription that doesn't work!

I'm posting my logs to see if anyone can help. How about a DVDFab rep chime in?
        Attached Files

Comment

Check your license by clicking the question mark at the top and then click on "license info" see if the options you paid for are enabled.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

So I just checked my license info and it appears I'm enabled for everything. DVD copy and DVD ripper are "never expire" while everything else has "never been used".

Does anybody else have ideas? I'm about ready to give up.

Comment

Is it possible that you are inadvertently trying to write dvd9 sized data files to a dvd5 sized blank DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrinfla View Post
                Is it possible that you are inadvertently trying to write dvd9 sized data files to a dvd5 sized blank DVD?
                I sure wish it were that simple. I had that problem a long time ago and figured it out by accident. Every time I copy a disc I select dvd5.

I pretty much have given up Judging by how often this thread has been viewed it definitely seems like folks are as curious as I am to see if the problem can be solved. I'm just trying to enjoy my new computer and not just sink into pissed off land.

Feel free to chime in with more suggestions though.

Thanks!

Comment

Your not the only one. I have DVD Copy for Mac, up to the latest version, 8.2.2.6 and it does the exact same thing. Sadly, I believe my drive is also a MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898. Also support have been no help so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X