No announcement yet.

Unable to find & copy SubChapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just decided to play the one chapter I was able to 'rip' (with the DVDFab logo, which by the way does disappear), but the video is so much faster than the audio that it's useless.

Is it reputable? I need to figure out how to get these video files converted to any of the ones compatible with RealPlayer.

Or/And, again, what is the ImgBurn and will that help me? I've been at this for 2 days and getting very weary from trying to do what I should think would be fairly simple.

Sorry for the sound of despair.
    Last edited by CBR929; 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM. Reason: Removed named software.

Comment

Sorry GregiBoy....I just now saw both your posts....I must have missed them before.

I've managed to get along all these years without using the Ripper, which I don't have a problem purchasing if it's going to be absolutely necessary, but from my experience just this time with using the trial version, the audio and video are way out of sync, and the picture quality is not as good. If this is customary with the Ripper, then I would prefer to find an alternative method if there is one.

Comment

We don't discuss competing software here. If they are reputable they will have a forum as well.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Some of the answers from you gentlemen are coming in fast and that's why I'm missing them...my apologies.

I'm trying the cloning now but am curious, what is the difference between 'copying' a DVD and 'cloning' one????

Comment

Hey 90312
            You and I must have clicked at the same time, between editing and going to edit.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry 90312....I wasn't aware they are competitors for the same thing. If DVDFab will do what I want, I don't need anything else. All I did was Google "how do I convert a VOB file in Windows 8" and that's what came up.

Comment

Originally posted by dtbm51 View Post
                Some of the answers from you gentlemen are coming in fast and that's why I'm missing them...my apologies.

I'm trying the cloning now but am curious, what is the difference between 'copying' a DVD and 'cloning' one????
                Hi dtbm51
                Copying is removing all the unwanted content, like FBI warnings, previews, etc....
                Cloning is copying the disc bit for bit, everything that is on one disc will be on the other.
                CBR929

I agree with GregiBoy that it may not be in the correct DVD standard.
                I also believe that the disc session may not have been closed or finalized, that is why I suggested ImgBurn.
                Last edited by CBR929; 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM. Reason: text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR....I understand the difference now and when to use what for which.

As for the finalizing....the disk was finalized when I finished recording on it. I don't believe it would play on my computer or another DVD player if it wasn't, and it does.

So am I to conclude from all this then that there isn't a way for DVDFab to convert a VOB file to an avi or mp4 that I can then transfer to my RealPlayer video library for uploading to YouTube????? Have we exhausted all possibiities with this product???

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

@dtbm51

As I said before the ripper module will do what you want but the file will contain the Fab watermark until you purchase that module.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I understood that when you said it the first time GregiBoy, but my followup question was....after using the trial version and finding the audio and video incompatible and the quality of the picture a bit compromised, is that what I may possibly expect from the purchased version of ripper because, if so, then I don't want it. Is there no other way???

Comment

That's what you get but I think ther is a native FLV format in the ripper which may be worth a try instead of multiple conversions.

Quality depends a lot on what profile/parameters you choose and I have had absolutely no problems using Ripper to produce AVI's & MKV's for playing on my media players on large screens.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X