No announcement yet.

LG Burner GH22N550 Won't work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab always writes a temp file to the hard drive and burns the disc from the temp file on the HDD. Disk to disk on the fly is a bad idea period.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312 I do not copy DVD to DVD on the fly I let Fab do it it's way, I'm just asking is that the right way? I just don't like to fool around with pulling out the disk and putting another one in. I like the just having it do it's thing and it's over.

Comment

Yep that's the way if you have two optical drives.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks again 90312. I tried a brand new DVD just out of the shrink wrap and it did copy, it seems Fab 9 is more sensitive to any dirt or smudges on the disk, because when it didn't copy before I simply closed Fab 9 and opened Fab 8 and it worked fine, I'll give every disk a good cleaning now before I copy it. At least I know the drive is ok.

Comment

That always a good idea, even brand new movie discs sometimes have a mold release film on them that can affect laser reflection.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Plus you dont want particles dirtying your optical drive i use tv screen cleaner and it comes with a nice cloth
              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Thanks Jonatan and 90312 good info, Hey Fab update 9.0.4.2 seems to have corrected my problem, all discs seem to be reading ok. Hey in the update file it says "more compatible with Java or something like that. I don't have Java installed, does that matter?

Comment

No, it just means it will remove Java based protections schemes. You need not have it installed, but I don't know why you wouldn't?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312. Well I haven't had a virus since I uninstalled it a couple of months ago and I used to get about one a week. And in the last 2 months I've run everything I used to run and nothing has required Java. If I have instance I need it, I'll reinstall it.

Comment

Working...
                    X