Kick ass 2 has cinavia protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick ass 2 has cinavia protection

Kick ass 2 has cinavia protection it mutes after the five minutes into the movie any help with that?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jpd357 View Post
    Kick ass 2 has cinavia protection it mutes after the five minutes into the movie any help with that?
    there's nothing you can do except to play your disc on an older player.

Comment

I have a Panasonic BR player that will not play a Cinavia protected disc, but I can make an MKV file, put it on an external HDD or USB thumb drive and play it through the port on the front. Cinavia does not pass through to MKV unless you burn the MKV to a disc.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

You can also use a software player like Fab media player or other software player that doesn't see the Cinavia and play from hard drive or use a media player most don't see Cinavia or make a mkv on a stick drive and play on your tv.

Comment

Any standalone Blu-ray player,no matter the company, manufactured after the first of july 2013 must and will have Cinavia protection build in. We can all thank SONY for that.
          Last edited by BERT; 01-16-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah, we can thank them by not buying the titles and equipment that have the Cinivia Virus.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have 2 Sony BD players manufactured 2012. Cinavia is no problem for me.LOL

Comment

If you update the firmware of an older dvd player or have it connected to the internet through a router will this firmware or dvd player update add the Cinavia protection to the older dvd player? One of my Sony dvd player is a couple of years old and when I tried to play my backup disk the sound muted after about 5 to 10 minutes into the playback. Another older Sony dvd player not connected to the internet played the backup just fine in which case it would be best not to update the firmware. Just my guess, any thoughts.

Comment

DO NOT upgrade the player.You can keep it however connected to the net if you wish.Firmware does not renew itself by itself !!!! If it happens to pop up and says....your firmware is out to date would you like to upgrade.......Please don't do it. However if you feel unsave disconnect the player from the net.Some people believe they have to upgrade all the time so the player always works fine.From my experience having 2 Sony 3D players since Feb.2012 there is no need for it.They work perfect without new firmware.Or let me put this another way, and that works for everything....Why fix it when it ain't broken....
                  Last edited by BERT; 01-20-2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j427982 View Post
                    If you update the firmware of an older dvd player or have it connected to the internet through a router will this firmware or dvd player update add the Cinavia protection to the older dvd player? One of my Sony dvd player is a couple of years old and when I tried to play my backup disk the sound muted after about 5 to 10 minutes into the playback. Another older Sony dvd player not connected to the internet played the backup just fine in which case it would be best not to update the firmware. Just my guess, any thoughts.
                    updating your player will always get the latest firmware update. BUT, i
                    wonder if an newer bluray discs would have the update on the disc forcing
                    you to update the player just to watch your movie??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                      updating your player will always get the latest firmware update. BUT, i
                      wonder if an newer bluray discs would have the update on the disc forcing
                      you to update the player just to watch your movie??
                      You are probably correct. They is why I have several blueray dvd players. I found a blueray disc (sorry I don't remember which one) that wouldn't play on my oldest blueray player because of what I believe was out dated Java.

Comment

october 262 .... updating your player will always get the latest firmware update.........Well what'd you know.Yes.But do you know what they actually are? Of course not.So lets just upgrade for the sake of upgrade.Don't upgrade unless there is a real need for that.Leave it alone if everything works just fine.Commonsense. The only real problem for a lot of you guys out there is CINAVIA and that's the real problem.No firmware can fix that though.
                        Last edited by BERT; 01-21-2014, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Cinavia on mobile formats

I was under the impression that if you converted to a mobile format like .m4v, changing the audio track from DTS to AAC you would be able to play the file on any capable player, like PS3, without the cinavia restrictions. Is this not the case?

Comment

You won't be able to play on the PS3 period. mp4 or DivX avi Cinavia passes through and will mute the audio.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Doesn't anyone have regular DVD players anymore? This movie on DVD ripped to DVD and played on a DVD player has no issues. I never made the jump to Blu-ray, I'm still just an old home boy who is still content with DVD. I think there are still quite a few of us left out here in the woods.
                              Last edited by Mike89; 01-24-2014, 04:36 AM.
                              I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                              X